Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
4 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
9
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1934
Physical Description
3 architectural and technical drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 46 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
John H. McKnight had an office at 600 Bay Street, in the same building as Benjamin Brown.
Scope and Content
File consists of floor plans, sections, elevation views and the design of a gasoline and oil interceptor.
Physical Condition
Material is fragile.
Related Material
See File 49-3-42 for architectural drawings of a machine shop for Mr. John H. McKnight.
Places
Bay Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 24
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
24
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca.1930]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on tracing paper ; 47 cm length and 4 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Nelson and Tanz Furriers was a fur manufacturing company jointly owned by Abram Nelson and Louis Tanz. The company was headquartered at 167 Richmond St. W. in the 1920s, and moved to 600 Bay Street in the 1930s.
Scope and Content
File consists of one floor plan for the headquarters of Nelson and Tanz Furriers at 600 Bay Street.
Physical Condition
Fragile and badly torn.
Places
Bay Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 31
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
31
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1935
Physical Description
5 architectural drawings : 3 blueprints, 2 pencil on tracing paper ; 72 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Scope and Content
File consists of floor plans, sections and elevation drawings of a proposed battery and electric service station.
Notes
Formerly listed as Commission XVIII.
Places
Bay Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Walton Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 1; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
1
File
9
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca.1921]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on cardboard ; 42 x 54 cm
Admin History/Bio
Originally named the Cosmopolitan Club, the Primrose Club was as an elite Jewish men's club (women were allowed to join in later years) that was founded in 1909 by prominent members of the Jewish Community. The building housing the club was located at 41 Willcocks Street, and was originally built in the 1880s as the residence of the Campbell family. In 1921, the home was redesigned by Benjamin Brown and Robert McConnell as the new home of the Primrose Club. In 1959, it was appropriated by the University of Toronto and is currently the home of the University of Toronto Faculty Club. It was designated as a heritage building in 1980.
Scope and Content
File consists of an elevation drawing of the Primrose Club at 41 Willcocks Street.
Notes
See - http://magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/history-of-faculty-club-u-of-t/ - for a more detailed history of the building.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Clubs
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
4 records – page 1 of 1.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place