Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
2 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Residential building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 2; File 23
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Residential building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
2
File
23
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1930
Physical Description
58 architectural and technical drawings : 6 blueprints, 51 pencil and 1 pen. some on tracing paper ; 102 cm length or smaller
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural and technical drawings of a proposed house for Benjamin Brown at 37 Castle Frank Crescent. The house was completed and Brown lived in it from 1931-1932. The plans contain drawings of a two storey, three bedroom home that included servant quarters. Floor plans, lot plans, sections, elevation drawings, interior sketches, detailing and technical drawings of structural elements of the building are included.
Notes
An elevation drawing is on the verso of the ground floor plan.
Formerly listed as Commission XXVIII.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Physical Condition
Drawings are fragile, some are torn.
6/16/2015: Records were sent out for conservation treatments.
Places
Castle Frank Crescent (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 1; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
1
File
9
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca.1921]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on cardboard ; 42 x 54 cm
Admin History/Bio
Originally named the Cosmopolitan Club, the Primrose Club was as an elite Jewish men's club (women were allowed to join in later years) that was founded in 1909 by prominent members of the Jewish Community. The building housing the club was located at 41 Willcocks Street, and was originally built in the 1880s as the residence of the Campbell family. In 1921, the home was redesigned by Benjamin Brown and Robert McConnell as the new home of the Primrose Club. In 1959, it was appropriated by the University of Toronto and is currently the home of the University of Toronto Faculty Club. It was designated as a heritage building in 1980.
Scope and Content
File consists of an elevation drawing of the Primrose Club at 41 Willcocks Street.
Notes
See - http://magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/history-of-faculty-club-u-of-t/ - for a more detailed history of the building.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Clubs
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place

Restrictions

Available Digital Content