Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
2 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 27
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
27
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1932
Physical Description
4 architectural drawings and technical drawings : 2 blueprints, 2 pencil on tracing paper ; 53 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Owned by Mr. A. Levy, Levy Auto Wreckers was one of Canada's largest auto wreckers during the 1930s. The head office was located at 735/737 Queen Street West and it had a branch office at 464 Queen Street East.
Scope and Content
File consists of floor plans, a block plan and drawings of joist framings for Levy Auto Wreckers at 464 Queen St. East.
Related Material
See File 49-5-10 for plans of stores for Mr. A. Levy on St. Clair Avenue that were designed by E. Telfer Arnoldi.
See File 49-3-13 for plans of the head office, located at 735/737 Queen Street West.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 1; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
1
File
9
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca.1921]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on cardboard ; 42 x 54 cm
Admin History/Bio
Originally named the Cosmopolitan Club, the Primrose Club was as an elite Jewish men's club (women were allowed to join in later years) that was founded in 1909 by prominent members of the Jewish Community. The building housing the club was located at 41 Willcocks Street, and was originally built in the 1880s as the residence of the Campbell family. In 1921, the home was redesigned by Benjamin Brown and Robert McConnell as the new home of the Primrose Club. In 1959, it was appropriated by the University of Toronto and is currently the home of the University of Toronto Faculty Club. It was designated as a heritage building in 1980.
Scope and Content
File consists of an elevation drawing of the Primrose Club at 41 Willcocks Street.
Notes
See - http://magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/history-of-faculty-club-u-of-t/ - for a more detailed history of the building.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Clubs
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place