3 architectural drawings : 2 pencil on tracing paper , 1 pencil and hand col., pencil crayon and watercolour, on verso of blueprint ; 66 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Henry Greisman was a real estate developer and the owner of the King Suspender and Neckwear Company at 240 Richmond Street West. He lived at 104 Admiral Road.
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural drawings of three houses for Mr. H. Greisman, two of which were on Van Horne Street. The first house is two storeys with three bedrooms and the second and third houses are two storey duplexes containing two, three bedroom residences. Floor plans and elevations are included.
Formerly listed as Commission XXI.
See File 49-3-40 for architectural drawings of The Spadina Building at 129 Spadina Avenue for Mr. H. Greisman.
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on cardboard ; 42 x 54 cm
Originally named the Cosmopolitan Club, the Primrose Club was as an elite Jewish men's club (women were allowed to join in later years) that was founded in 1909 by prominent members of the Jewish Community. The building housing the club was located at 41 Willcocks Street, and was originally built in the 1880s as the residence of the Campbell family. In 1921, the home was redesigned by Benjamin Brown and Robert McConnell as the new home of the Primrose Club. In 1959, it was appropriated by the University of Toronto and is currently the home of the University of Toronto Faculty Club. It was designated as a heritage building in 1980.
Scope and Content
File consists of an elevation drawing of the Primrose Club at 41 Willcocks Street.
See - http://magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/history-of-faculty-club-u-of-t/ - for a more detailed history of the building.