1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on cardboard ; 42 x 54 cm
Originally named the Cosmopolitan Club, the Primrose Club was as an elite Jewish men's club (women were allowed to join in later years) that was founded in 1909 by prominent members of the Jewish Community. The building housing the club was located at 41 Willcocks Street, and was originally built in the 1880s as the residence of the Campbell family. In 1921, the home was redesigned by Benjamin Brown and Robert McConnell as the new home of the Primrose Club. In 1959, it was appropriated by the University of Toronto and is currently the home of the University of Toronto Faculty Club. It was designated as a heritage building in 1980.
Scope and Content
File consists of an elevation drawing of the Primrose Club at 41 Willcocks Street.
See - http://magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/history-of-faculty-club-u-of-t/ - for a more detailed history of the building.