Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
8 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1; File 134
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
File
134
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca. 1959]
Physical Description
3 drawings : perspective and sketch ; 40 x 53 cm folded to 18 x 22 cm
Scope and Content
This file consists of three architectural drawings of the Samuel Godfrey auditorium. They are bound together on one edge.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1; File 154
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
File
154
Material Format
textual record
architectural drawing
Date
1952-1953
Physical Description
1 cm of textual records
2 drawings : proposals ; 44 x 39 cm folded to 23 x 21 cm
Scope and Content
This file contains financial records, correspondence and meeting minutes pertaining to the decorations, kitchen and cultural committees, all which operated under the mandate of the Women's Committee. There are also two architectural proposals for the layout of a basement lounge.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Architectural plans sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-3; File 3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Architectural plans sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-3
File
3
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1958-1960
Physical Description
22 drawings : technical and detail ; 77 x 107 cm folded to 33 x 26 or smaller
Scope and Content
This file contains twenty-two architectural drawings of the northern Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. building, created by W. Sefton & Associates Ltd. Consulting Engineers and Gordon S. Adamson & Associates Architects. The drawings detail the facilities and grounds, including the shower rooms, the fire alarm system, the swimming pool, and aspects of the building's foundation and masonry. The drawings are to scale.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Architectural plans sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-3; File 4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Architectural plans sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-3
File
4
Material Format
textual record
architectural drawing
Date
1981
Physical Description
1 cm of textual records (1 v.)
8 drawings : proposal ; 28 x 43 cm folded to 28 x 22 cm
Scope and Content
This file consists of a study conducted by A.J. Diamond & Partners, Architects & Planners and A.J. Vermeulen, Quantity Surveyor on the feasibility of modifying the Bloor building to accommodate the new demands made on the athletic, school and community space. The study includes information on demographics of the surrounding area, program analysis and renovation/addition options. There are eight accompanying drawings of the proposed modifications, prepared by the architects.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Architectural plans sub-series
Level
Sub-series
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Architectural plans sub-series
Level
Sub-series
Fonds
61
Series
1-3
Material Format
architectural drawing
textual record
Date
1950-1981
Physical Description
10 cm of textual records (4 v.)
30 drawings
Admin History/Bio
Page & Steele Architects were responsible for the design and construction of the Spadina and Bloor and Spadina Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. along with associate architects, Kaplan & Sprachman. The Bloor "Y" was completed in 1952.
The northern building was designed and constructed by W. Sefton & Associates Ltd. Consulting Engineers and Gordon S. Adamson & Associates Architects. The northern building was completed in 1961.
Scope and Content
This sub-series contains records relating to the design and construction of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. at Bloor and Spadina and the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. on Bathurst Street in North York. The records include bound specifications detailing the labour, material and building methods for each of the buildings, as well as some architectural drawings of the northern building.
The records are arranged by project.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1; File 31
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
File
31
Material Format
textual record
architectural drawing
Date
1954
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
1 drawing : detail ; 32 x 57 cm folded to 16 x 23 cm
Scope and Content
This file contains correspondence written to David Andrews from Michael Gelber, regarding the possible creation of a children's synagogue within the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. building. There is also an accompanying detail drawing of the proposed ark and bimah.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1; File 73
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
File
73
Material Format
textual record
architectural drawing
object
Date
1943-1954
Physical Description
3 cm of textual records
1 drawing : blueprint ; 34 x 42 cm folded to 18 x 22 cm
2 artifacts
Admin History/Bio
The Jewish Camp Council was formed in 1945 by five different groups running summer camps for Jewish youth: B’nai Brith, the National Council of Jewish Women, the Mothers’ and Babes’ Summer Rest Home Association, the United Jewish Welfare Fund of Toronto and the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A.
The United Jewish Welfare Fund eventually assumed responsibility for all camp property, including Camp Northland in Haliburton, and programming for all camps was organized as a unified service. The Jewish Camp Council Board of Directors included representatives from all five organizations, while the executive director of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. acted as executive director of the Jewish Camp Council. Initially, the head office was located at Camp B'nai Brith, near Orillia, and then moved into the new Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. building at Spadina and Bloor in 1953.
Scope and Content
This file contains textual records relating to the operation of the Jewish Camp Council and the camps it oversaw. The records include reports, meeting minutes and agendas, executive and community correspondence, financial records, camp pamphlets, event invitations and flyers and an architectural blueprint of the grounds of the Mothers' and Babes' Rest Home in Tollandale near Barrie, Ontario. There is also a parent's guide and two Y.M.H.A. cousellor badges from Camp Frailoch and Camp Northland.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
1988-11-7
1983-12-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1; File 81
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
File
81
Material Format
textual record
architectural drawing
Date
1955
Physical Description
2 cm of textual records
4 drawings : detail ; 51 x 60 cm folded to 21 x 26 cm or smaller
Admin History/Bio
The Jewish Camp Council was formed in 1945 by five different groups running summer camps for Jewish youth: B’nai Brith, the National Council of Jewish Women, the Mothers’ and Babes’ Summer Rest Home Association, the United Jewish Welfare Fund of Toronto and the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A.
The United Jewish Welfare Fund eventually assumed responsibility for all camp property, including Camp Northland in Haliburton, and programming for all camps was organized as a unified service. The Jewish Camp Council Board of Directors included representatives from all five organizations, while the executive director of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. acted as executive director of the Jewish Camp Council. Initially, the head office was located at Camp B'nai Brith, near Orillia, and then moved into the new Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. building at Spadina and Bloor in 1953.
Scope and Content
This file contains textual records relating to the construction of the new Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home near Barrie. This includes contractor correspondence, executive correspondence, work lists and estimates and four architectural plans for the camp's kitchen and dining hall.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
8 records – page 1 of 1.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Restrictions

Available Digital Content