Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
2 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
Sub-series
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
Sub-series
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
Material Format
textual record
graphic material
object
Date
1936-1993
Physical Description
2.1 m of textual records and other material
Scope and Content
This sub-series contains the operating files created and accumulated by the office of the executive director of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. during the years 1937-1978. The files contain correspondence, meeting minutes and agendas, program material, photographs, reports, financial records and other related records. They are arranged by subject in alphabetical and chronological order. The photographs and architectural drawings are located in the subject files with the related textual material.
Notes
Includes 142 photographs, 11 drawings, 2 artifacts and 2 posters.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
1988-11-7
1983-12-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 61; Series 1-1; File 73
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds
Executive director series
Subject files sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
61
Series
1-1
File
73
Material Format
textual record
architectural drawing
object
Date
1943-1954
Physical Description
3 cm of textual records
1 drawing : blueprint ; 34 x 42 cm folded to 18 x 22 cm
2 artifacts
Admin History/Bio
The Jewish Camp Council was formed in 1945 by five different groups running summer camps for Jewish youth: B’nai Brith, the National Council of Jewish Women, the Mothers’ and Babes’ Summer Rest Home Association, the United Jewish Welfare Fund of Toronto and the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A.
The United Jewish Welfare Fund eventually assumed responsibility for all camp property, including Camp Northland in Haliburton, and programming for all camps was organized as a unified service. The Jewish Camp Council Board of Directors included representatives from all five organizations, while the executive director of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. acted as executive director of the Jewish Camp Council. Initially, the head office was located at Camp B'nai Brith, near Orillia, and then moved into the new Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. building at Spadina and Bloor in 1953.
Scope and Content
This file contains textual records relating to the operation of the Jewish Camp Council and the camps it oversaw. The records include reports, meeting minutes and agendas, executive and community correspondence, financial records, camp pamphlets, event invitations and flyers and an architectural blueprint of the grounds of the Mothers' and Babes' Rest Home in Tollandale near Barrie, Ontario. There is also a parent's guide and two Y.M.H.A. cousellor badges from Camp Frailoch and Camp Northland.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Accession Number
2004-5-2
1988-11-7
1983-12-1
Source
Archival Descriptions

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Restrictions

Available Digital Content