Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
1 record – page 1 of 1.
Address
10 St Andrew Street
Source
Landmarks
Address
10 St Andrew Street
Time Period
1930
History
It was founded by poor Jewish immigrants from Russia (mostly Minsk) in 1912. The current Byzantine Revival building was completed in 1930. The congregation has had only three full-time rabbis: Meyer Levy (1916–1921), Meyer Zimmerman (1940–1954), and Shmuel Spero, who has served from 1988 to the present. It is the only Orthodox synagogue in downtown Toronto with a full-time rabbi, and the only one that holds daily services.
Category
Religious
Source
Landmarks

Narrow By

Source

Date

Subject

Place

Available Digital Content