Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
3530 records – page 1 of 71.
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 33; Series 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Series
Fonds
33
Series
1
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1913]-1976
Physical Description
84 photographs : b&w and col. (55 negatives) ; 21 x 26 cm or smaller
Admin History/Bio
Bill Stern's father, Moishe (Morris) Shternshis (ca. 1893-1976), was born in Lagov, Poland, the son of Lebil and Rachel (Shedlovsky) Shternshis. He came to Canada in 1911, and upon his arrival, changed his surname to Stern. Bill Stern's mother, Fanny Rumianek (ca. 1896-1991), was born in Chmelelnick, Poland, the daughter of Moishe Hamelech and Golda (Zimmerman) Rumianek. The family arrived in Canada in 1913. Moishe and Fanny met a few years later, and were married at the Ostrovtzer Synagogue on Cecil Street on 16 December, 1916. The couple moved to Hamilton in 1917, but later returned to Toronto.
For over forty years, Moishe worked as a milkman. Beginning in 1921, he was the first Jewish independent milkman in Toronto. It was a profitable and successful venture for the Stern family, and as a result, Moishe founded a co-operative in 1944, with six other milkmen. Named the Alliance Dairy, the business was eventually bought by Borden's Creamery in 1966, and Moishe retired as a result. Fanny volunteered much of her time to organizations such as the Jewish Old Folks Home and Sunnybrook Hospital.
The first child born to Moishe and Fanny was Max Stern (1918-1997), who eventually joined the army, married Ruth Soles, and had two daughters, Bonnie and Janie. Today, Bonnie is a well-known Canadian cook-book author. Bill was the second child, born in 1921.
In 1923, Moishe brought his younger brother, Sam Stern (1912-1939), to Canada from Lagov, Poland. Although actually his uncle, Bill was raised knowing Sam as his brother. In 1933, Sam travelled to Palestine and founded the Ginosar Kibbutz, near Tibireus. He was killed six years later while on guard duty.
Scope and Content
This series consists of photographs documenting the Stern and Rumianek families. They include individual and group portraits, as well as snapshots of family events and gatherings.
The photographs have been arranged chronologically and have been described at the item level.
Accession Number
1980-2-1
1981-9-4
1986-1-8
1991-5-5
1991-5-6
2004-5-96
2004-5-135
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 2; Item 13
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
2
Item
13
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1943
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative) ; 26 x 21 cm and 35 mm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of Max Stern dressed in his army uniform, holding two children, Sheldon Glass and an unknown girl. They are standing in the street in front of Mandel's Creamery. Max Stern was stationed in Toronto.
Subjects
Children
Military uniforms
Soldiers--Canada
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Accession Number
1980-2-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Toronto Jewish community photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 4; Item 12
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Toronto Jewish community photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
4
Item
12
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1940
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 11 x 16 cm
Scope and Content
This item is a copy photograph of M. Grossman standing outside his butcher shop at 798 Dundas Street in Toronto. The sign in the window is in both English and Hebrew and indicates that he is a kosher butcher.
Name Access
Grossman, M.
Subjects
Butchers
Storefronts
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Dundas Street West (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
2005-5-9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 1; Item 32
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
1
Item
32
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1946]
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative) ; 9 x 7 cm and 35 mm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of Bill Stern and his first wife Laura (Rubinstein) Stern, standing in front of the Forestry building at St. George Street and College Street.
Subjects
Married people
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
College Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Saint George Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 1; Item 29
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
1
Item
29
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1940]
Physical Description
1 negative : b&w ; 35 mm
Admin History/Bio
Laura Rubinstein was Bill Stern's first wife.
Scope and Content
This item is a negative of Bill Stern's first wife, Laura Rubinstein with her friend Esther Chaplin, and Esther's brother Carl Chaplin, at Smith's Bay House in Port Carling.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Port Carling (Ont.)
Accession Number
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 2; Item 12
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
2
Item
12
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1943]
Physical Description
1 negative : b&w ; 35 mm
Scope and Content
This item is a negative of Bill Stern standing next to his spitfire during the Second World War.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Accession Number
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 1; Item 30
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Family photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
1
Item
30
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1940]
Physical Description
1 negative : b&w ; 35 mm
Scope and Content
This item is a negative of Bill's father Moishe Stern with an unidentified child and man. They are all wearing bathing suits and appear to be at a resort or cottage.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Accession Number
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 2; Item 19
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
2
Item
19
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1945
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of Bill Stern and [Maxie Lieberman?], taken in London, England, during the Second World War. Both men are wearing their military uniforms.
Subjects
Military uniforms
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
England
Accession Number
2004-5-96
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 33; Series 2; Item 5
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Item
Fonds
33
Series
2
Item
5
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[between 1942 and 1945]
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 7 x 9 cm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of Dave Solomon standing in front of a parked car with another man seated inside it.
Subjects
Automobiles
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Accession Number
2004-5-96
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 33; Series 2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Military photographs series
Level
Series
Fonds
33
Series
2
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1942-[195-?]
Physical Description
28 photographs : b&w (6 negatives) 26 x 21 cm or smaller
Admin History/Bio
Bill Stern enlisted in the Royal Canadian Airforce at the start of the Second World War, at the age of eighteen. He set out for Enlgand via Halifax, in 1942, and saw combat in France, Belgium and Germany as a Leading Aircraftsman.
Scope and Content
This series consists of photographs of Bill Stern and his fellow servicemen, taken during the Second World War. Most of the photographs were taken overseas, however there are a few of Bill, his brother Max, and his parents Moishe and Fanny Stern, which were taken in Toronto, and one of a fellow soldier taken after the war.
The photographs have been arranged chronologically and are described at the item level.
Name Access
Canada. Royal Canadian Air Force
Subjects
Portraits
Accession Number
1980-2-1
2004-5-96
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Hamilton Jewish community photographs series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 33; Series 3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Hamilton Jewish community photographs series
Level
Series
Fonds
33
Series
3
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[194-]-1984
Physical Description
96 photographs : b&w and col. (10 negatives) ; 21 x 26 or smaller
Admin History/Bio
Bill Stern was the director of activities for the Hamilton Jewish Community Centre (JCC) from 1956-1960. He was the director of the JCC from 1963-1964 and then executive director of the Hamilton Council of Jewish Organizations (CJO) from 1964-1973.
He arrived in Hamilton as a graduate in social work, specializing in group work and camping activities. He played a major role in developing the Hamilton Jubilee Club, a senior day centre, kosher meals-on-wheels, an expanded camping program, and the Hamilton Council of Jewish Education. He was responsible for the separation of the JCC and the CJO, and the establishment of the CJO's successor, the Hamilton Jewish Federation.
Scope and Content
This series consists of photographs of the Hamilton Jewish community, taken during Bill Stern's professional involvement with the Hamilton Jewish Community Centre and the Hamilton Council of Jewish Organizations. There are also a few images that Bill had acquired that were taken shortly before his arrival and shortly after his departure.
The images depict various Hamilton community members, as well as CJO and community centre events and meetings. They have been arranged chronologically and described at the file and item level.
Subjects
Communities
Places
Hamilton (Ont.)
Accession Number
2004-5-96
2004-5-135
2005-5-2
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Toronto Jewish community photographs series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 33; Series 4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Toronto Jewish community photographs series
Level
Series
Fonds
33
Series
4
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1930-[ca. 1984]
Physical Description
43 photographs : b&w and col. (15 negatives) ; 28 x 35 or smaller
Admin History/Bio
Bill Stern was very involved in the Toronto Jewish community. In particular, he was active with the United Jewish Welfare Fund, where he served as a divisional director, the Canadian Zionist Federation, as the executive director, the Canadian Society for the Weizmann Institute of Science, the Jewish Home for the Aged, the Jewish Film Festival and the Ontario Jewish Archives. He also assisted many organizations in a consulting capacity, following his leave from communal affairs.
Scope and Content
This series consists of photographs of individuals and organizations associated with the Toronto Jewish community. Bill Stern, along with other members of his family, are featured in many of the photographs, as they were members of the various organizations.
The photographs have been arranged chronologically and described at the item level.
Accession Number
1981-9-4
1985-6-6
1991-5-5
1991-5-6
1994-1-4
2004-5-96
2005-5-9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Camp photographs series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 33; Series 5
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
William Stern fonds
Camp photographs series
Level
Series
Fonds
33
Series
5
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1940-1962
Physical Description
13 photographs : b&w (6 negatives) ; 21 x 26 or smaller
Scope and Content
This series consists of photographs of various Jewish camps in Ontario. Bill Stern either worked as a counselor at the camps, or had some affiliation through his work with the Hamilton Jewish Community Centre and the Hamilton Council of Jewish Organizations.
The photographs have been arranged chronologically and described at the item level.
Accession Number
1980-2-1
2004-5-96
2006-2-8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Larry Becker collection
Level
Collection
ID
Fonds 34
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Larry Becker collection
Level
Collection
Fonds
34
Material Format
textual record
graphic material
Date
1882-1996
Physical Description
58 cm of textual records
11 photographs : col. and b&w ; 28 x 36 cm or smaller
4 lantern slides : col. (hand painted) ; 5 x 8 cm
Admin History/Bio
Larry Becker (1939-1998) was a collector with a focus on his native Toronto. He grew up in central Toronto, near Dundas and Ossington, where his father ran a cigar store. Around 1948, the family moved north to Vaughan. Larry attended Lakeshore Teachers' College and married fellow teacher, Rose Weber, in 1961. He taught primary school in Welland, Ontario
Larry returned to Toronto in June 1965, and began collecting for profit and posterity. That year, with the active assistance of his wife Rose, opened the first of three businesses that sold collectables. Both his father and grandfather had been small-scale collectors. From 1965 to 1996, the growing Becker family lived at 25 Lesgay Crescent in North York. In December 1996, the Beckers moved to a larger place in the Kettleby countryside, where Larry had planned to retire and work on his collection
Larry Becker died on February 20th, 1998
Scope and Content
The collection consists of items collected by Larry Becker including postcards, bulletins from Ontario Jewish organizations, sermons, periodicals, books, hand painted lantern slides documenting scenes of Jews in early Toronto, and other material relating to Ontario's Jewry
Notes
Information for biographical sketch gathered and cited from "Collecting Toronto: Through the Eyes of Larry Becker" virtual exhibit from the City of Toronto website at: http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/archives/becker_collections/
The lantern slides have been rehoused and moved to the negative cabinet.
Associated material note: The City of Toronto Archives has an extensive collection in the Larry Becker fonds, Fonds 70 (see Accession file for details)
Physical Condition
The textual records are in good condition. The colour photographs are suffering from severe dark fading and have taken on a distinct red cast.
Creator
Becker, Larry (1939-1998)
Accession Number
2002-12-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Level
Fonds
ID
Fonds 49
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Level
Fonds
Fonds
49
Material Format
multiple media
Date
1902-1949
Physical Description
ca. 1500 architectural and technical drawings
6 photographs : b&w ; 38 x 30 cm or smaller
16 cm of textual records
Admin History/Bio
Benjamin Brown (ca. 1888-1974) was the first practicing Jewish architect in Toronto. Born in what is now Lithuania, he arrived in Toronto at an early age and soon after, quit school to take a job in a garment manufacturing factory to help out his impoverished family. Not finding this career to his liking, Brown enrolled in the Ontario School of Art and Design with the intention of becoming an artist. When this profession proved financially unfeasible, Brown decided to pursue a career in architecture. After completing his high school equivalency, he enrolled in the University of Toronto architectural program, graduating in 1913. Soon after, Brown opened up a practice with fellow architect Robert McConnell, which lasted until the early 1920s. After the partnership ended, Brown set up an independent practice, which he maintained until his retirement in 1955.
Scope and Content
The fonds documents Brown’s design work and renovations of existing buildings through his original drawings, renderings, and building blueprints. The fonds consists of approximately 1500 drawings that are organized into about 150 projects. These projects include single-family residences, apartment buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, as well as synagogue and other community buildings. Many of Brown's buildings were designed in the Art Deco style, with some containing Georgian, Craftsman, Colonial Revival, Tudor and Romanesque elements.
Brown's most important commissions include the Beth Jacob Synagogue located on Henry Street, which was one the largest synagogues in Toronto, and the Balfour Building, an office tower built in the Art Deco style. The designs of Mendel Granatstein’s mansion, which contained a retractable roof for Sukkoth, and a colour sketch of the Primrose Club, which is currently the University of Toronto Faculty Club, may also be of interest to researchers. The fonds also includes some of Brown's files containing articles and illustrations from architecture and design journals of the early twentieth century, which he used as a resource to assist him with his work.
Fonds includes six photographs, one of the Balfour Building, one of Cumberland Hall, and four of Brown as a young man.
Notes
Architectural plans of a lead mine in Burnt River Ontario have been sent to the Kawartha Lakes Archives.
Name Access
Brown, Benjamin, 1890-1974
Subjects
Architecture
Creator
Brown, Benjamin, 1890-1974
Accession Number
1975
1987-9-3
1989-10-6
2004-5-109
2004-5-139
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 49; Series 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
Series
Fonds
49
Series
1
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[1915]-1940
Physical Description
174 architectural drawings
Scope and Content
Series consists of Benjamin Brown’s architectural plans and drawings of significant buildings designed or renovated for Toronto‘s Jewish community, including proposals that were never implemented. Contained within are renovation plans of the Beach Hebrew Institute synagogue, an ark design for the McCaul Street Synagogue, and the complete designs of the Henry Street Synagogue. The last of these projects is of particular significance, because it was the first synagogue in Toronto designed by a Jewish architect and was one of Brown‘s largest commissions. Drawings of the Primrose Club (a Jewish men’s club) and the Brunswick Talmud Torah Day School, as well as plans of Camp Yungvelt (a Jewish summer camp) are also included. Additionally, several preliminary sketches of synagogue facades are contained within.
The majority of these drawings are on tracing or drafting paper, several of which are in colour, and the remainder are either blueprints or drawn on cardboard. Floor plans, elevations, sections, foundation plans and sketches of building exterior facades and interiors are included. Additionally, there are drawings of windows, doors and synagogue arks.
Physical Condition
Several drawings and plans are in poor condition. See file level descriptions for further details.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
Series
Fonds
49
Series
3
Material Format
architectural drawing
graphic material
textual record
Date
1919-1949
Physical Description
ca. 1000 architectural and technical drawings
2 photographs : b&w ; 38 x 30 cm or smaller
1 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
Series consists of architectural and technical drawings of commercial buildings that Benjamin Brown either designed or altered. Most of Brown’s clients were Jewish owned businesses, several of which were run by prominent members of the community. These businesses included Imperial Optical, Gelber Brothers Woolens, the City Dye Works, Schipper Brothers Furs, and the Empire Clothing Company.
Architectural plans of apartments, warehouses, theatres, service stations, banks, restaurants, stores, office towers, a bakery and a laundry are included. Several of these buildings are now designated as Toronto heritage buildings. These include the Balfour Building, the Hermant Building (eastern tower), the Hermant Annex, the Commodore Building and the Standard Theatre. Also included are plans of the headquarters of Famous Players Canada, which later became a subsidiary of Cineplex Odeon.
The majority of the drawings are either blueprints or pencil drawings on tracing or drafting paper, several of which are also in colour. Some are on linen weave or cardboard. Plans, elevations, sections, sketches, detailing, photographs of building exteriors, building specifications, and technical drawings of the buildings are included.
Physical Condition
Several drawings are in poor condition. See file level descriptions for further details.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 18
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
18
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1948
Physical Description
4 architectural drawings : 3 pencil on tracing paper, 1 pen ; 55 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Union Bakery was a large Jewish bakery owned by Abraham Stancer. The bakery was previously known as Stancer Brothers.
Scope and Content
File consists of proposed alterations to a two story building for Union Bakery Co. at 779 Dundas St. West. Several floor plans and sections are included.
Related Material
See Photo #1511 for a photo of Abraham Stancer.
Places
Dundas Street West (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 21
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
21
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1948
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on tracing paper ; 52 cm length and 5 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Originally known as the Bedford, the Park Theatre was designed in 1929 by Murray Brown. It was renovated and renamed the Park in 1948. Located at 3291 Yonge Street, the building currently functions as a pet food store.
Scope and Content
File consists of designs of the 1948 renovations to the Park Theatre. A floor plan and a sketch of the stage area are included.
Related Material
See File 49-5-11 for architectural plans designed by Herbert G. Duerr of a theatre on Kingston Road.
Places
Yonge Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 37
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
37
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca. 1946]
Physical Description
2 architectural drawings : blueprints ; 40 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Percy Hermant was born in Mogilev, Russia in 1882. In 1897, he immigrated to Canada, arriving in New Brunswick, where he began working as a drygoods peddler. In 1900, he founded the Imperial Optical Company, the first prescription lens business in the Maritimes. This company eventually grew to be the largest company of its kind in the British Commonwealth. The head office was located in the Hermant Building (named for Percy) at 21 Dundas Square. In addition to his successful business, Mr. Hermant served as the director of both the Mount Sinai and Runnymede hospitals. He was also a member of the Toronto Board of Trade and other established societies such as the Primrose, and Empire Clubs.
Mr. Hermant was very active in philanthropy and involved in the funding and establishment of the Young Men's Hebrew Association (YMHA), and in the funding of the Associated Hebrew Universities. Mr. Hermant also established several scholarships at the University of Toronto, including the Percy Hermant Fellowship in Ophthalmology for graduates of Medicine who wish to pursue ophthalmology as a profession. Mr. Hermant died in 1959 and was survived by his wife Dorothy, son Sydney and four grandchildren.
Scope and Content
File consists of two block plans for a storage building at 179 Ontario Street for Percy Hermant.
Notes
Benjamin Brown's office was also located in the Hermant building during the 1940s.
Related Material
See File 49-3-97 for the architectural drawings of the Hermant Building.
See File 49-3-106 for the architectural drawings of the Hermant Annex.
See File 49-3-58 for the architectural plans of a factory for Imperial Optical Co. at 270 Ontario Street and for an administrative history of Imperial Optical.
See File 49-3-63 for the architectural plans of alterations to the ground floor of the Hermant Building.
See File 49-3-100 for architectural drawings of Montgomery's Tavern, located on the ground floor of the Hermant Building.
See File 49-3-93 for the architectural drawings of a factory for Imperial Optical at the S.W. corner of Dundas and Ontario Streets.
Places
Ontario Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 25
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
25
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1949
Physical Description
3 architectural drawings : 2 blueprints, 1 pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on tracing paper ; 19 x 30 cm (folded)
Admin History/Bio
The Imperial Bank of Canada, which was founded in 1875, became one of the primary banking establishments in Canada. The bank underwent several mergers during its history. It merged with the Niagara District Bank in 1875, the Weyburn Security Bank in 1931, and Barclays Bank in 1956. The bank finally merged with the Canadian Bank of Commerce in 1961 to form the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
Scope and Content
File contains floor plans for proposed alterations to a branch office of the Imperial Bank of Canada at 21 Dundas Square.
Physical Condition
Some rust on blueprints.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 48
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
48
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1940
Physical Description
5 architectural drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 55 cm length or smaller and 7 cm diam.
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural drawings of a furrier warehouse for Woodhouse & Co. at 39 Logan Avenue. Floor plans, a block plan, sections and elevation drawings are included.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 100
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
100
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca. 1945]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil ; 49 cm length and 4 cm diam.
Scope and Content
File consists of a floor plan of Montgomery's Tavern, which was a dining lounge located in the Hermant Building at 21 Dundas Square for Mr. Alex Christy. Benjamin Brown's office was also located in the Hermant building during the 1940s.
Notes
Formerly listed as Commission XI.
Related Material
See File 49-3-97 for the architectural drawings of the Hermant Building.
See File 49-3-106 for the architectural drawings of the Hermant Annex.
See File 49-3-63 for the architectural plans of alterations to the ground floor of the Hermant Building.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 70
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
70
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1940
Physical Description
3 architectural drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 74 cm length or smaller and 5 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Link Brass and Copper Co. Ltd. was owned by Mr. K. Link.
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural drawings of a building for Link Brass and Copper Co. Ltd. at 108 River Street. Sections, elevation drawings and floor plans are included.
Related Material
See File 49-3-71 for architectural plans of a foundry and forge building for Mr. K. Link at the rear of this building.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 71
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
71
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1940
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil on tracing paper ; 73 cm length and 5 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Link Brass and Copper Co. Ltd. was owned by Mr. K. Link.
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural drawings of a foundry and forge for Mr. K. Link. A foundation plan, floor plan and elevation drawings are included.
Related Material
See File 40-3-70, for architectural plans of main building at 108 River Street.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 72
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
72
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca.1940]
Physical Description
5 architectural drawings : 2 blueprints, 3 pencil on tracing paper ; 78 cm length or smaller and 6 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
The Jolly Miller Hotel is a designated heritage building that was built in the late 1850s by the Hogg family. It is currently known as the Miller Tavern.
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural drawings of additions and alterations to the two storey Jolly Miller Hotel at 3885 Yonge Street. Elevation drawings, sections, floor plans and a foundation plan are included.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 73
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
73
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1947
Physical Description
2 architectural drawings : pencil, 1 hand col., pencil crayon on tracing paper ; 55 cm length or smaller and 6 cm diam.
Scope and Content
File consists of floor plans of additions to a factory at 104 King Street East.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 87
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
87
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1940
Physical Description
17 architectural drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 71 cm length or smaller and 7 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Mr. Morris Alspector was a Jewish real estate agent and developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of sections, elevations, detailing, floor plans, a foundation plan and a section of a two storey hotel for Mr. Morris Alspector on Lakeshore Road at Jackson Point on the south side of Lake Simcoe.
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 89
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
89
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca. 1945]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil on tracing paper ; 109 cm length and 7 cm diam.
Scope and Content
File consists of a floor plan for a proposed addition to the Genosha Hotel at King and Mary Streets in Oshawa, Ontario. Additions include a powder room, smoking room and two large beverage rooms for ladies and men respectively.
Notes
Due to the fragility of these drawings, the description is partially based on the item level descriptions created by Steve Speisman.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 1; File 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
1
File
1
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1940
Physical Description
12 architectural drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 48 cm length or smaller and 7 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Founded in the 1920s, Camp Yungvelt was originally situated on Lake Wilcox. Two years later it moved to Pickering, where it operated until it closed in the 1950s. It was established by the Workmen's Circle, as a Yiddish summer camp for Jewish children. Camp Yungvelt was known for accepting the children of poor immigrants for a small fraction of the regular fee.
Scope and Content
File consists of architectural drawings of several new buildings that were erected at Camp Yungvelt. Floor plans, a foundation plan, and several elevation drawings are included.
Subjects
Camps
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Places
Pickering (Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Reference materials series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 49; Series 5
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Reference materials series
Level
Series
Fonds
49
Series
5
Material Format
architectural drawing
textual record
Date
1912-1947
Physical Description
28 architectural drawings
15 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
Series contains articles and illustrations from a book and several architecture and design journals that influenced Benjamin Brown‘s work, as well as plans of buildings he didn’t design, but he either subsequently altered, influenced his work or was built for one of his clients.
Included are the original plans of an office building of Doctors Solway and Pollock that Brown later altered, the plans of a Talmud Torah Hebrew School in New York City and the plans of a theatre on Kingston Road. Architectural drawings of the house of Samuel Godfrey and stores for Mr. A. Levy, both of whom hired Brown for other projects, are also included.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Reference materials series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 5; File 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Reference materials series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
5
File
1
Material Format
textual record
Date
1947
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Scope and Content
File consists of one book titled "Brick and Tile: as utilized in American Architecture".
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Level
Fonds
ID
Fonds 52
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Level
Fonds
Fonds
52
Material Format
multiple media
Date
1921-1986
Physical Description
1.4 m of textual records and other material
Admin History/Bio
Dora Till (1896-1987) was a leading member of the Toronto Jewish community. She helped found and served on the executives and boards of many organizations, including the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of Toronto, the United Jewish Welfare Fund (UJWF), the Candian Jewish Congress Central Region, and the Baycrest Hospital Women's Auxiliary. She was honoured numerous times in her life with awards and tributes for her contributions to the Jewish community.
Till was born in New York City on 20 March 1896, one of six children of Max and Yeta Tobias. Her parents had emigrated from Poland prior to 1892. When Dora was four, the family moved to Toronto where Max Tobias worked as a tailor. In her teens, Till was an active member of two social clubs for girls, the Boot and Shoe Society (for mothers and children in need) and the Herzl Girls Club.
Dora Tobias married Morris S. Till on 21 May 1916, in Toronto. They had two children, Sigmund and Cecile, both of whom she outlived. Sigmund died tragically at the age of 11 after a sudden illness. Cecile married Frank Goldhar and they had two children, Sheila Anne and Meyer Garson.
In 1918, Till joined the Hebrew Maternity Aid Society and she served as its vice-president for the next fifteen years. This was the beginning of a lifetime career in family welfare, health care and services for the aged. Till helped found and was the first president of the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home located in Bronte and then Tollandale, which provided mothers and children in need with a two-week holiday in the country.
From the 1920s until the 1940s, Till served on several boards including the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of Toronto, and the United Jewish Welfare Fund, as well as the Welfare Fund's Women's Division and Women's Service Council. In 1950, she became the first woman to be named honourary vice-president of the UJWF. In 1955, after many years affiliation with the Jewish Home for the Aged, Dora Till organized the newly built Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care's Women's Auxiliary, becoming its first president. She also served for 40 years on the executive board of the Family and Child Service Bureau, the precursor to Jewish Family & Child Services. Till was an active member of many other Jewish organizations, including the Naomi Chapter of Hadassah and the National Council of Jewish Women, B'nai Brith Women, the Mount Sinai Women's Auxiliary, the Jewish Camp Council, and Toronto United Community Appeal - Community Chest. She was also a member of Goel Tzedec Congregation and its successor, Beth Tzedec Congregation.
Dora Till was honoured with several awards and tributes in her lifetime for her contributions to Jewish life, health and welfare in Toronto. In 1956, the Dora and Morris Till Bungalow at the Mothers and Babes Summer Rest Home was dedicated. In 1969, she was the first woman to recieve UJWF's Ben Sadowski Award for Jewish Community Service. As well, in 1977, she received the Queen's Silver Jubilee medal for outstanding community service. In 1983 a Baycrest Centre tribute dinner was held in her honour and in 1984, the top floor of the Baycrest Centre was dedicated to her. This was the culmination of a lifetime devoted to social welfare and community service, and it came just a few years before Till's death, on 22 November 1987.
Custodial History
The records were in the possession of Dora Till's granddaughter, Mrs. Sheila Gottlieb, until they were donated to the OJA in 1987.
Scope and Content
This fonds consists of records documenting the personal and philanthropic activities of Dora Till, including her ongoing involvement with the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home, the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care Women's Auxiliary, the United Jewish Welfare Fund, and to a lesser extent other organizations that she was involved or affiliated with. Till's records of the Mothers' and Babes' Rest Home are some of the few to have survived from this important social service organization.
The organizational records in the fonds include minutes, correspondence, reports, speeches, financial records, newsclippings, pamphlets, brochures, invitations, architectural drawings, and photographs, primarily of the Mothers and Babes Rest Home and the Baycrest Centre. As well, there are two artifacts: a Baycrest Centre pin and a gold shovel from the groundbreaking ceremony. The personal records in the fonds include family photographs and portraits, writings, newsclippings and general correspondence.
The fonds has been arranged into eight series: 1. Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association. 2. Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care Women's Auxiliary. 3. Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care Heritage Museum Committee. 4. Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care Furnishings Committee. 5. Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care : other committees. 6. United Jewish Welfare Fund. 7. Other organizations. 8. Personal. The records have been described to the file level, while a selection of photographs have been scanned and described at the item level.
Notes
Physical description note: includes 197 photographs (54 negatives), 9 architectural drawings, and 2 objects
Name Access
Till, Dora, 1896-1987
Access Restriction
Partially closed. Researchers must receive permission from the OJA Director prior to accessing some of the records.
Related Material
For related material on the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home, please see: Jewish Community Centre of Toronto fonds 61, Federation of Jewish Philanthropies fonds 66, United Jewish Welfare Fund fonds 67, Ida Lewis Siegel fonds 15, and the Rebecca Kamarner family fonds 11.
For related material on the Baycrest Centre Women's Auxiliary, please see: Pat Joy Alpert fonds 77 and fonds 14.
For related material on National Council of Jewish Women please see fonds 38.
Arrangement
This fonds had previously been arranged and described as MG6 H. The current arrangement was implemented by the archivist in 2010 and as a result, several files from the former MG were culled or merged. Therefore, the former MG finding aid is no longer accurate.
Creator
Till, Dora, 1896-1987
Accession Number
1987-1-5
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Level
Series
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Level
Series
Fonds
52
Series
1
Material Format
textual record
graphic material
architectural drawing
Date
[192-]-1977
Physical Description
46 cm of textual records
163 photographs (54 negatives)
9 architectural drawings
Admin History/Bio
The Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home was first organized in 1919 by Dora Till, Ida Siegel and Lillian Clavir, members of the Hebrew Maternity Aid Society. It was formed in order to provide convalescent care for victims of the influenza epidemic by offering a two week holiday to mothers and young children. First located in a home in Bronte, now Oakville, the Rest Home was officially brought under the auspices of the Hebrew Maternity Aid Society in 1921. By this time the Home had moved from being a convalescent home to being a place of respite in the country for women and children of modest means, although they continued to assist those with poor health. By the late 1930s, a search for a replacement location was underway, as the Bronte Rest Home became ill equiped to deal with the increased demand, primarily due to unsuitable grounds and facilities.
In 1941, after selling the home in Bronte, the Mothers' and Babes' Rest Home Committee built a second home on eleven acres of lakefront property in Tollandale, near Barrie. In 1948, the Rest Home was admitted into the Jewish Camp Council, which helped the Committee administer the camp and fill staffing vacancies. Following this move, the Hebrew Maternity Aid Society changed its name to the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association, to better reflect the fact that the home was their only remaining activity.
In 1957, the camp expanded its mandate to include the addition of two new programs at its facitilites: Camp Family Fun for fathers, mothers, and children up to the age of nine and Camp Good Fellowship, a program for senior citizens over the age of 60.
Dora Till was the Rest Home's founding president for a total of 15 years and remained active with the home until it ultimately closed in 1977.
Scope and Content
This series consists of records documenting the operation of the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Homes in Bronte and in Tollandale. The records include minutes, reports, speeches, correspondence, financial records, invitations, brochures and pamphlets, architectural drawings and photographs.
The records have been arranged into seven sub-series: Executive Committee, Operational functions, Finance and accounting, Building operations and grounds maintenance, Programming and events, Associated groups and General photographs. The records have been described at the file level while a selection of the photographs have been described at the item level and have been digitally scanned.
Access Restriction
Partially closed. Researchers must receive permission from the OJA Director prior to accessing some of the records.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Executive committee sub-series
Level
Sub-series
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Executive committee sub-series
Level
Sub-series
Fonds
52
Series
1-1
Material Format
textual record
Date
[192-]-1974
Physical Description
7 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
This sub-series consists of records created by the Executive Committee of the Mothers' and Babes Summer Rest Home Association. They include minutes, reports and speeches.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Executive Committee sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-1; File 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Executive Committee sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-1
File
1
Material Format
textual record
Date
1940-1972
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Executive Committee sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-1; File 5
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Executive Committee sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-1
File
5
Material Format
textual record
Date
1941-[ca. 1947]
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
Sub-series
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
Sub-series
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
Material Format
textual record
Date
1921-1977
Physical Description
7 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
This sub-series consists of records documenting the operational activities of the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association. Included are general correspondence files, camper records and documents detailing the Association's name change, their inclusion into the Jewish Camp Council, the closing of the rest home in Bronte, the search for a new site in Tollandale and the subsequent closing of the camp in the late 1970s.
Access Restriction
Partially closed. Researchers must receive permission from the OJA Director prior to accessing some of the records.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
1
Material Format
textual record
Date
1949
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
2
Material Format
textual record
Date
1921-1961
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Access Restriction
Closed. Researchers must receive permission from the OJA Director prior to accessing the records.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
3
Material Format
textual record
Date
1927-1974
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
4
Material Format
textual record
Date
1945-1952
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 6
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
6
Material Format
textual record
Date
[192-]-[197-]
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 7
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
7
Material Format
textual record
Date
1949, 1959-1969, 1971
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 8
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
8
Material Format
textual record
Date
[192-]-1958
Physical Description
3 cm of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 10
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
10
Material Format
textual record
Date
1941
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-2; File 11
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Operational functions sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-2
File
11
Material Format
textual record
Date
1939-1941
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Finance and accounting sub-series
Level
Sub-series
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Finance and accounting sub-series
Level
Sub-series
Fonds
52
Series
1-3
Material Format
textual record
Date
1926-1972
Physical Description
11 cm of textual records
Scope and Content
This sub-series consists of records documenting the financial operations of the Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home. The records include correspondence, budgetary and allocation documents and audited finanical reports.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Finance and accounting sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 1-3; File 2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Mothers' and Babes' Summer Rest Home Association series
Finance and accounting sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
1-3
File
2
Material Format
textual record
Date
1926-1950
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Source
Archival Descriptions
3530 records – page 1 of 71.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place

Language

Restrictions

Available Digital Content