Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
1 record – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Metropolitan Toronto Police Commission series
Official engagements sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 51; Series 5-3; File 14
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Metropolitan Toronto Police Commission series
Official engagements sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
51
Series
5-3
File
14
Material Format
graphic material
Date
May 1984
Physical Description
1 photograph : col. ; 13 x 10 cm
Admin History/Bio
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Ken Rotenberg, a Toronto developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of one photograph of Phil Givens meeting with a group of Police Chiefs. Identified in the photograph are (left to right): James Mackie, Harold Adamson, Jack Ackroyd, Jack Marks, Phil Givens.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Police
Places
Russell Hill Road (Toronto, Ont.)
Saint Clair Avenue West (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions