Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
1 record – page 1 of 1.
Address
1 Major Street
Source
Landmarks

The Borochov School, a branch of the Poale Zion Zionist Labour movement (PZL), opened in 1932, offering an after-school program for families who wanted their children to receive an education that was in harmony with their beliefs.
Address
1 Major Street
Time Period
1932-1976
Scope Note
The Borochov School, a branch of the Poale Zion Zionist Labour movement (PZL), opened in 1932, offering an after-school program for families who wanted their children to receive an education that was in harmony with their beliefs.
The school promoted Zionism and Socialism both in Canada and in Israel. Differing from other PZL movement schools, the Borochov School placed a greater importance on Yiddish than Hebrew.
History
In 1976, the branch of the PLZ that the Borochov School affiliated itself with, amalgamated with the other PZL organizations and the school's day-to-day functioning closed.
Bialik Hebrew School became the sole educational facility for the PZL movement.
Category
Education
Source
Landmarks

Narrow By

Source

Date

Subject

Place

Available Digital Content