Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
8 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 3; File 27
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Commercial building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
3
File
27
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1932
Physical Description
4 architectural drawings and technical drawings : 2 blueprints, 2 pencil on tracing paper ; 53 cm length or smaller and 4 cm diam.
Admin History/Bio
Owned by Mr. A. Levy, Levy Auto Wreckers was one of Canada's largest auto wreckers during the 1930s. The head office was located at 735/737 Queen Street West and it had a branch office at 464 Queen Street East.
Scope and Content
File consists of floor plans, a block plan and drawings of joist framings for Levy Auto Wreckers at 464 Queen St. East.
Related Material
See File 49-5-10 for plans of stores for Mr. A. Levy on St. Clair Avenue that were designed by E. Telfer Arnoldi.
See File 49-3-13 for plans of the head office, located at 735/737 Queen Street West.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Accession Number
1975-003
Source
Archival Accessions
Accession Number
1975-003
Material Format
textual record
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Date
1926-1971
Scope and Content
Accession consists of records pertaining to the Beach Hebrew Institute (Beth Jacob Synagogue). Included is a Land Title Act documenting the history of the parcel of land at Queen Street and Kenilworth Avenue from 1919 and the congregation's financial arrangements with the Mutual Life Assurance Company and the United Jewish Welfare Fund. There are also letters patent, legal correspondence, and financial reports.
MG_RG
MG3 A21
Subjects
Synagogues
Name Access
Beach Hebrew Institute (Toronto, Ont.)
Places
Kenilworth Avenue (Toronto, Ont.)
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Accessions
Level
Item
ID
Item 4688
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
4688
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1907]
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm and 17 x 19 cm
Scope and Content
Original and copy photograph of Mr. Meyer Michalson holding his daughter, Esther (m. Cooper), in his crockery store at Queen near Parliament at 360 Queen St. East. Eventually Mr. Michalson expanded his business to establish Michalson's Wholesale China at Parliament and Dundas Street. He also opened Michalson's East End Bargain House at the same corner.
Name Access
Cooper, Esther
Michalson, Esther
Michalson, Meyer
Michalson's Wholesale China
Subjects
Fathers and daughters
Stores, Retail
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1988-3-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 1908
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
1908
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1917
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Name Access
Frankel, Lou
Frankel Grocery
Subjects
Storefronts
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1980-2-9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 4995
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
4995
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 192-]
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Admin History/Bio
Samuel Robins came from England in 1907 from Debrova. The store was given up in 1953 or 1954.
Name Access
Robins, Samuel
Samuel Robins' Tailor Shop
Subjects
Storefronts
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1989-12-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 4994
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
4994
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1926]
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Admin History/Bio
Bess Robins was eighteen years old at the time of this photograph.
Name Access
Robins, Bess
Robins' Tailor Shop
Subjects
Storefronts
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1989-12-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 3772
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
3772
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[between 1940 and 1945]
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w
Scope and Content
Item is a photograph of Lazer (Louis) Rottenberg taken at the corner of Yonge and Queen Streets in Toronto.
Notes
Photo by Newsreel Snaps, Yonge St. Arcade, Toronto.
Name Access
Rotenberg, Lazer
Subjects
Portraits
Streets
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Queen Street East (Toronto, Ont.)
Yonge Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1985-7-5
Source
Archival Descriptions
Address
6490 Tilton Lake Road
Source
Landmarks

Camp Solelim was founded in 1965 as a Young Judaean camp. Its name comes from Kibbutz HaSolelim in Israel which recognizes the builders who were integral to the establishment of the State of Israel. The program is infused with informal social, Jewish and Zionist educational programs. Like many of the camps founded earlier, campers are encouraged to participate in the functioning of the camp and derive a strong sense of responsibility through daily camp operations and camp projects. The camp still exists today and is jointly operated by the Toronto Zionist Council and Canadian Young Judaea.
Address
6490 Tilton Lake Road
Time Period
1965-present
Scope Note
Camp Solelim was founded in 1965 as a Young Judaean camp. Its name comes from Kibbutz HaSolelim in Israel which recognizes the builders who were integral to the establishment of the State of Israel. The program is infused with informal social, Jewish and Zionist educational programs. Like many of the camps founded earlier, campers are encouraged to participate in the functioning of the camp and derive a strong sense of responsibility through daily camp operations and camp projects. The camp still exists today and is jointly operated by the Toronto Zionist Council and Canadian Young Judaea.
Category
Camps and Resorts
Source
Landmarks
8 records – page 1 of 1.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place

Restrictions

Available Digital Content