Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
4 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Zionist Organization of Canada fonds
Subject files series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 28; Series 5; File 128
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Zionist Organization of Canada fonds
Subject files series
Level
File
Fonds
28
Series
5
File
128
Material Format
textual record
Date
1970-1976
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Scope and Content
The file consists of general correspondence. The file includes correspondence regarding the Shalom television programme, Schlichim of Canadian Young Judaea, Rabbi Reuven Slonim, requests for information regarding a screening of the film "Hester Street" and memoranda concerning the 1972 national convention.
Name Access
Rabbi Reuven Slonim
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
State of Israel Bonds sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 51; Series 9-6; File 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
State of Israel Bonds sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
51
Series
9-6
File
1
Material Format
graphic material
Date
13 Sept. 1964
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w : 20 x 25 cm
Admin History/Bio
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Ken Rotenberg, a Toronto developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of one photograph of Phil Givens attending a luncheon at the Primrose Club. Identified in the photograph are (left to right): John Bassett, Phil Givens, and George Hees.
Notes
Photograph is by Willy Lobel
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 51; Series 9; File 4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
Level
File
Fonds
51
Series
9
File
4
Material Format
graphic material
Date
27 Nov. 1965
Physical Description
1 photograph : col. ; 9 x 12 cm
Admin History/Bio
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Ken Rotenberg, a Toronto developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of one photograph of Phil and Min Givens attending an event at the Primrose Club.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Physical Condition
Photograph has many stress and crease marks
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Zionist Organization of Canada fonds
Central Region sous-fonds
Subject files series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 28-1; Series 7; File 225
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Zionist Organization of Canada fonds
Central Region sous-fonds
Subject files series
Level
File
Fonds
28-1
Series
7
File
225
Material Format
textual record
Date
1963-1968
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Scope and Content
The file consists of correspondence with the Royal Bank of Canada concerning the move to the new Zionist Centre in Toronto, the Jewish Public Library and a schedule of functions and events for the visit of Rabbi Louis Rabinowitz to Toronto. The file also includes correspondence from Mr. Egon Rohmann concerning relations with the United Church of Canada, historical revision, and Israel.
Name Access
Rabinowitz, Rabbi Louis
Royal Bank of Canada
Source
Archival Descriptions
4 records – page 1 of 1.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Name

Language