Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
2 records – page 1 of 1.
Accession Number
2008-6-4
Source
Archival Accessions
Accession Number
2008-6-4
Material Format
object
Physical Description
1 sign : metal ; 711 x 38 cm
Date
[between 1902 and 1936]
Scope and Content
This accession consists of one metal sign with a brown border, green and black hebrew writing and a green and black Star of David. The sign is from the original Shaarei Tzedec Congregation on Centre Avenue in Toronto and reads: “Congregation Shaarei Tzedek, prayer services are held daily, morning and evening, everyone is welcome!”
Descriptive Notes
Shaarei Tzedek Congregation
Subjects
Signs and signboards
Synagogues
Name Access
Congregation Shaarei Tzedec (Toronto, Ont.)
Places
Centre Avenue (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Accessions
Accession Number
2008-12-9
Source
Archival Accessions
Accession Number
2008-12-9
Material Format
object
Physical Description
1 sign : metal and wood ; 100 x 40 cm
Date
[193-?]
Scope and Content
This accession consists of a Darling Lunch restaurant sign.
Custodial History
The sign was in the possession of the Reuben and Helene Dennis Museum at Beth Tzedec Synagogue before it was transferred to the Archives by the curator, Dorion Liebgott. The sign was used in the Museum's exhibit on the history of the garment industry in Toronto. It was loaned to them by Dr. Martin Belman, who approved of the transfer to the OJA.
Administrative History
The Darling Lunch was located in the rear basement of the Darling Building on the southwest corner of Spadina and Adelaide. It was a frequented by many of the textile workers in the area.
Subjects
Signs and signboards
Places
Adelaide Street West (Toronto, Ont.)
Spadina Avenue (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Accessions

Narrow By

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place