Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
24 records – page 1 of 1.
Level
Item
ID
Item 4200
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
4200
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1930
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 55 cm
Scope and Content
Item is a panoramic photograph of children at the Primrose Club in Toronto at 41 Willcocks Street. Identified individuals include: Herbert Epstein, Bert Rosenberg, Boris Adelberg, Ruthetta Kaplan Reiss, Joseph Kronick, Cliff Solway, Gil Shully, Joel Freisman, Sheldon Kert, Selma Vise Lichtman, Martin Factor, Sid Schipper, Ken Rotenberg, Earl Rotenberg, Mandel Sprachman, Ira Pollock.
Notes
Please see accession record for locations of cited individuals.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Children
Parties
Portraits, Group
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Creator
The Panoramic Camera Company
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1987-9-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Metropolitan Toronto Police Commission series
Official engagements sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 51; Series 5-3; File 14
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Metropolitan Toronto Police Commission series
Official engagements sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
51
Series
5-3
File
14
Material Format
graphic material
Date
May 1984
Physical Description
1 photograph : col. ; 13 x 10 cm
Admin History/Bio
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Ken Rotenberg, a Toronto developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of one photograph of Phil Givens meeting with a group of Police Chiefs. Identified in the photograph are (left to right): James Mackie, Harold Adamson, Jack Ackroyd, Jack Marks, Phil Givens.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Police
Places
Russell Hill Road (Toronto, Ont.)
Saint Clair Avenue West (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
State of Israel Bonds sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 51; Series 9-6; File 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
State of Israel Bonds sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
51
Series
9-6
File
1
Material Format
graphic material
Date
13 Sept. 1964
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w : 20 x 25 cm
Admin History/Bio
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Ken Rotenberg, a Toronto developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of one photograph of Phil Givens attending a luncheon at the Primrose Club. Identified in the photograph are (left to right): John Bassett, Phil Givens, and George Hees.
Notes
Photograph is by Willy Lobel
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 51; Series 9; File 4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Philip Givens fonds
Jewish communal series
Level
File
Fonds
51
Series
9
File
4
Material Format
graphic material
Date
27 Nov. 1965
Physical Description
1 photograph : col. ; 9 x 12 cm
Admin History/Bio
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Ken Rotenberg, a Toronto developer.
Scope and Content
File consists of one photograph of Phil and Min Givens attending an event at the Primrose Club.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Physical Condition
Photograph has many stress and crease marks
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Level
Fonds
ID
Fonds 27
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Level
Fonds
Fonds
27
Material Format
multiple media
Date
[ca.1910]-1968
Physical Description
345 architectural drawings and other material
Admin History/Bio
Harold Solomon Kaplan (1895-1973) was a Toronto-based architect who, in partnership with Abraham Sprachman in the firm Kaplan & Sprachman, was well-known for the design of Art deco and Art moderne movie theatres in the 1930s and 1940s and for designing buildings for Jewish communities across Canada from the 1930s to the 1960s.
Kaplan was born 10 Sept. 1895, in Bucharest, Romania. At the age of three, he and his widowed mother, Tillie Hohan, moved to London, England, and in 1902 they moved to Toronto where his mother subsequently married Frank Kaplan. While in his teens, Kaplan spent time in Philadelphia living with an uncle and studying draftsmanship. Upon returning to Toronto, Kaplan attended Toronto Technical School where he took courses in architecture and building construction. He also served an apprenticeship with the architect Henry Simpson. In 1919-1920, Kaplan worked for the firm of Page & Warrington, before establishing Kaplan & Sprachman with Abraham Sprachman in 1922. In 1923, he married Dorothy Spain. They had two daughters, Phyllis (Pepper) and Ruthetta (Reiss).
Kaplan & Sprachman were best known for their more than 300 movie theatre projects completed from the 1920s to the 1960s, designing and renovating theatres across Canada in progressive "modern" styles and using innovative building materials. In 1937, they were awarded the bronze medal in the Sixth Biennial Toronto Exhibition for their interiors to the Eglinton Theatre (400 Eglinton Ave. W.) in Toronto, considered to be the finest example of their Art deco design work.
Over the course of their careers, they designed many synagogues for the Jewish community, such as the Anshei Minsk and Shaarei Shomayim synagogues in Toronto, Beth Israel Synagogue, Edmonton, and Beth Israel Synagogue in Vancouver. They also designed the new Mount Sinai Hospital, the Oakdale Golf & Country Club, the Jewish Home for the Aged (Baycrest), and the Jewish Community Centres of Toronto and Hamilton. Their design for the Oakdale Golf & Country Club was chosen as a Canadian entrant in the Arts Competition of the 14th Olympic Games in London, 1948.
In addition to the projects already mentioned, Kaplan & Sprachman worked on retail stores, warehouses and factories, apartment buildings, and single family residences. Their partnership continued until 1965, when the firm of Kaplan & Sprachman was dissolved as of 30 October 1965. Kaplan continued to work as an architectural consultant for several years after this date. Harold Kaplan died 1 April 1973 in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Kaplan was a member of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, the Ontario Association of Architects, and the Province of Quebec Association of Architects. Kaplan & Sprachman's contribution to the architecture profession was recognized by the Ontario Association of Architects when both Kaplan's and Abraham Sprachman's names were entered on the Honor Roll for prominent members of the profession, established by the association in 1989.
Scope and Content
The fonds documents Kaplan's work as an architect from the 1930s to the 1960s with Kaplan & Sprachman and some of the consulting work he undertook after the dissolution of the partnership in 1965, primarily through architectural drawings and photographs. The preponderance of the materials relates to a series of renovations of Loew's Yonge Street Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto, now the Elgin Theatre) and the Uptown Theatre (764 Yonge St., Toronto, just South of Bloor St.) between the 1930s and 1960s, and Kaplan & Sprachman's design of the Primrose Club (Russell Hill Rd at St. Clair Ave., Toronto) in 1958-1959. There is also a large number of photographs by commercial photographers of movie theatres designed or renovated by Kaplan & Sprachman.
Project records are arranged chronologically, with sub-sub-series defined for successive projects at the same site. Some of the materials document project proposals which were not carried out (e.g., proposed renovations of the Winter Garden Theatre).
Other series in the fonds contain business correspondence and newspaper clippings concerning Kaplan & Sprachman projects, and a small amount of personal material such as family photographs, awards Kaplan received over the years for his design work and a colour photocopy of the invitation to Kaplan's stag party in 1923.
Notes
Includes: 132 photographs (131 b&w, including 8 negatives; 1 col.), 8 cm of textual records, and 1 bronze medal.
Name Access
Kaplan, Harold S., 1895-1973
Kaplan & Sprachman (Firm)
Loew's Yonge Street Theatre (Toronto, Ont.)
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Uptown Theatre (Toronto, Ont.)
Winter Garden Theatre (Toronto, Ont.)
Physical Condition
Some of the blueprints and drawings are torn or water-damaged. All of the architectural drawings are currently stored in rolls.
Related Material
Accession 2003-7-1 contains additional photographs of buildings designed or renovated by Kaplan & Sprachman, as well as a copy of a published inventory of Kaplan & Sprachman movie theatre projects, compiled by Mandel Sprachman from Kaplan & Sprachman records
Mina Sprachman, widow of Abraham Sprachman, discusses Kaplan & Sprachman in oral history recording AC-142
Kaplan & Sprachman records can also be found in the Mandel Sprachman fonds, at the City of Toronto Archives
Creator
Kaplan, Harold S., 1895-1973
Accession Number
2003-6-1
2004-3-4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Level
Sub-series
ID
Fonds 27; Series 1-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Level
Sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1
Material Format
architectural drawing
textual record
Date
1913-1959
Physical Description
57 drawings : pencil on tracing paper, blueprints and other reproductions ; 72 x 114 cm or smaller
1 cm of textual records
Admin History/Bio
Built in 1913, Loew's Yonge Street Theatre and Winter Garden Theatre complex was the flagship of Marcus Loew's Canadian theatre chain. The theatres were designed by Thomas Lamb as a "double-decker" theatre, with the Winter Garden located seven-stories above the street-level Yonge Street Theatre. This was the only double-decker theatre built in Canada and one of less than a dozen built internationally. The design was considered economical in that it provided a greater amount of seating on a given piece of real estate while allowing the theatre operator to present the same daily show in two theatres. The shows included both vaudeville acts and silent movies.
In 1928, there was a major fire on the site and the Winter Garden Theatre was closed due to the decline in popularity of vaudeville. By 1930, the Yonge Street Theatre was solely a movie theatre, equipped for sound movies. Over the years it gradually fell into disrepair, but continued as a movie theatre until 1981. It was renamed the Elgin Theatre in 1978.
In 1981, the Elgin and Winter Garden were purchased by the Ontario Heritage Foundation, and in 1987 the foundation began a two and half year, $30 million restoration of the theatres. The theatres re-opened in Dec. 1989 exclusively for theatrical productions.
Scope and Content
Sub-series consists of seating plans, blueprints of structural details, and floor plans, sections and elevations for successive alterations (to the entrance, lobby, basement, etc.) of the theatre. The sub-series includes a copy of a city building permit dating from 1934 for renovations carried out by Loew's Theatres Engineering Division. Some of the blueprints date from the original construction of the theatre in 1913.
The sub-series is organized into 9 sub-sub-series, corresponding to project dates of 1913, 1919, 1934, 1939, 1949 (two projects), 1952, 1957 and 1959. The earliest materials, such as those from 1913 and 1919, were not created by Kaplan & Sprachman, but were no doubt used as reference materials for their work at the theatre.
Please note that the blueprints of structural details such as columns and roof reinforcing beams may apply to the theatre complex as a whole, including the Winter Garden Theatre.
Notes
Title is derived from the formal titles of the drawings.
Name Access
Lamb, Thomas
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Winter Garden Theatre (Toronto)
Subjects
Theaters
Physical Condition
Some drawings are torn & damaged.
Some are discoloured or damaged by deteriorating pressure-sensitive tape.
Places
Yonge Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) architectural plans and drawings sub-series
Columns, trusses and other support features sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-1
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1913
Physical Description
20 drawings : blueprints ; 72 x 114 cm or smaller
Notes
Title is derived from the titles and contents of the drawings.
Drawings created by Canada Foundry Bridge Department (contract no. 6044).
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Physical Condition
Blueprints are torn and in poor condition.
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) architectural plans and drawings sub-series
Reinforcing diagrams sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-2
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1919-1920
Physical Description
4 drawings : blueprints and brownline prints ; 46 x 62 and 46 x 60 cm
Notes
Original drawings were created by P.H. Secord & Sons, contractors, and E.H. Darling, consulting engineer.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) architectural plans and drawings sub-series
Alterations to lobby and new opening to main theatre mezzanine sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-3
Material Format
architectural drawing
textual record
Date
1934
Physical Description
7 drawings : blueprints ; 71 x 84 cm and 38 x 81 cm
11 p
Scope and Content
Sub-sub-series consists of blueprints and building permits for alterations made for a new store in the lobby area at street level on Yonge Street. The building permit contains a detailed description of the work to be done. Includes a seating plan for the theatre.
Notes
Title is derived from the project description in the building permit.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Physical Condition
1 drawing, of theatre seating plan, is torn and in poor condition.
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Loew's Theatre, Toronto : [floor plan of street-level entrance and lobby] sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-4
Material Format
architectural drawing
Responsibility
Kaplan & Sprachman
Date
1939
Physical Description
1 drawing : pencil on tracing paper ; 46 x 106 cm
Notes
Title is derived from the formal titles of the drawings.
Project reference no. AU 1754.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Proposed alterations to store basement, 191 Yonge Street, Toronto, adjoining Loew's Theatre sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-5
Material Format
architectural drawing
Responsibility
Kaplan & Sprachman
Date
1949
Physical Description
3 drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 52 x 91 cm and 41 x 81 cm
Notes
Project reference no. 49-K-41.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Alterations to entrance of Loew's Theatre, 189 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-6
Material Format
architectural drawing
Responsibility
Kaplan & Sprachman
drawn by S.H.H.
Date
1949-1950
Physical Description
2 drawings : blueprints ; 59 x 130 cm
Notes
Project reference no. 49-K-79.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Alterations to inner lobby, 189 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ont., for Marcus Loew's Inc. sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-7
Material Format
architectural drawing
Responsibility
Kaplan & Sprachman
Date
1952
Physical Description
3 drawings : pencil on tracing paper ; 62 x 129 cm
Scope and Content
Drawings of details of the doorways to the theatre.
Notes
Project reference no. 52-K-36.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Physical Condition
Some damage to edges of the drawings.
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Second exit from second floor of Loew's Theatre, 189 Yonge Street sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-8
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
1957
Physical Description
3 drawings : pencil (1 on tracing paper) ; 59 x 89 cm or smaller
Scope and Content
1 floor plan of 1st and 2nd floors of theatre and 2 rough sketches with annotations.
Notes
Project reference no 57-K-10.
Title is taken from the formal title of one of the drawings.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Harold S. Kaplan fonds
Architectural projects series
Loew's Theatre (189 Yonge St., Toronto) sub-series
Alterations to Loew's Theatre, 189 Yonge Street, Toronto sub-sub-series
Level
Sub-sub-series
Fonds
27
Series
1-1-9
Material Format
architectural drawing
Responsibility
Kaplan & Sprachman
Date
1959-1961
Physical Description
14 drawings : blueprints and blueline prints ; 79 x 121 and 73 x 103 cm
Scope and Content
Sub-sub-series includes orchestra, mezzanine and balcony floor plans, longitudinal sections, reflected ceiling plan and details.
Notes
Project reference no. 59-K-25.
Title is derived from the formal titles of the drawings.
Name Access
Elgin Theatre (Toronto)
Accession Number
2003-6-1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 18; Series 3; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Level
File
Fonds
18
Series
3
File
9
Material Format
graphic material
Date
20 June 1963
Physical Description
3 negatives : b&w ; 10 x 13 cm
Scope and Content
File consists of images taken at a meeting of the Canada Israel Development Corporation at the Primrose Club. The images depict several men seated at a table, speaking into a microphone, including Mark Levy.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Meetings
Speeches, addresses, etc
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Places
Toronto (Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 18; Series 3; File 48
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Level
File
Fonds
18
Series
3
File
48
Material Format
graphic material
Date
21 May 1963
Physical Description
2 negatives : b&w ; 10 x 13 cm
Scope and Content
File consists of two images taken at a State of Israel Bonds meeting at the Primrose Club. The images depict several people seated at a meeting table, as well as a group photograph of three individuals holding State of Israel Bonds certificates.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Meetings
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Places
Toronto (Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 18; Series 3; File 50
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Level
File
Fonds
18
Series
3
File
50
Material Format
graphic material
Date
21 June 1966
Physical Description
3 negatives : b&w ; 10 x 13 cm
Scope and Content
File consists of images taken at a State of Israel Bonds meeting held at the Primrose Club. The images depict speakers at the podium, and an image of the head table. The banner behind the head table reads: celebrate the year of Chai - buy Israel bonds.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Places
Toronto (Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Zionist Organization of Canada sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 18; Series 3-5; File 16
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Gordon Mendly fonds
Events and organizations series
Zionist Organization of Canada sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
18
Series
3-5
File
16
Material Format
graphic material
Date
8 Dec. 1965
Physical Description
3 negatives : b&w ; 10 x 13 cm
Scope and Content
File consists of images taken at a Zionist Organization of Canada, Central Region meeting held at the Primrose Club. The guest speaker was Leon Dultzin, executive member of the World Zionist Organization. The images depict members of ZOC sitting and standing with Leon Dultzin.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Repro Restriction
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Morris Norman collection
Level
File
ID
Fonds 22; File 15
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Morris Norman collection
Level
File
Fonds
22
File
15
Material Format
textual record
Date
1932
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 1646
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
1646
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1921]
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Scope and Content
This print is a reproduction of an architectural drawing of the Primrose Club in Toronto.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Architecture
Clubs
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Related Material
See fonds 49, series 1, file 9 for the original drawing.
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 49; Series 1; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Benjamin Brown fonds
Jewish community building plans and drawings series
Level
File
Fonds
49
Series
1
File
9
Material Format
architectural drawing
Date
[ca.1921]
Physical Description
1 architectural drawing : pencil and hand col. pencil crayon on cardboard ; 42 x 54 cm
Admin History/Bio
Originally named the Cosmopolitan Club, the Primrose Club was as an elite Jewish men's club (women were allowed to join in later years) that was founded in 1909 by prominent members of the Jewish Community. The building housing the club was located at 41 Willcocks Street, and was originally built in the 1880s as the residence of the Campbell family. In 1921, the home was redesigned by Benjamin Brown and Robert McConnell as the new home of the Primrose Club. In 1959, it was appropriated by the University of Toronto and is currently the home of the University of Toronto Faculty Club. It was designated as a heritage building in 1980.
Scope and Content
File consists of an elevation drawing of the Primrose Club at 41 Willcocks Street.
Notes
See - http://magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/history-of-faculty-club-u-of-t/ - for a more detailed history of the building.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Clubs
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Other organizations series
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 52; Series 7; Item 1
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Other organizations series
Level
Item
Fonds
52
Series
7
Item
1
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[194-]
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 12 x 18 cm on matte 21 x 26 cm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of the exterior of the Primrose Club on Willcocks Street in Toronto.
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Subjects
Clubs
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Willcocks Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Personal series
Personal awards and tributes sub-series
Level
File
ID
Fonds 52; Series 8-1; File 9
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Dora Till fonds
Personal series
Personal awards and tributes sub-series
Level
File
Fonds
52
Series
8-1
File
9
Material Format
textual record
Date
1980-1981
Physical Description
1 folder of textual records
Name Access
Primrose Club (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Descriptions
24 records – page 1 of 1.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place

Restrictions

Available Digital Content