Accession consists of interviews with various persons concerning their link with Goel Tzedec and its successor synagogue, Beth Tzedec. The interviews were primarily conducted by Ben Keyfetz and Jack Orenstien, the latter serving as the Executive Director of Beth Tzedec, at that time. Persons interviewed included Carl Keyfetz, N.N. Levine, Meyer Axler, and Bert Godfrey. There is also other information in the file concerning Cantors and Rabbis who served at Goel Tzedec, including Julius Price, Bernard Wladowsky, Jacob Gordon, and Samuel Sachs. There is a document from Bert Godfrey, undated but with a reference to 1950, titled 'Report of Construction Sub-Committee'. This presumably preceded the construction of the building housing the Beth Tzedec Synagogue on Bathurst Street. Also included is a 1955 publication of the Ne'ilah Service of Beth Tzedec to take place on February 6, 1955, concluding a half century of worship at the synagogue on University Avenue. Lastly, there are several pages of notes concerning the synagogue and its history.
There is no information on the acquisition of this material.