Search Results

New Search Photo Search Audiovisual Search
6 records – page 1 of 1.
Part Of
Ethel Mehr fonds
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 68; Item 53
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Ethel Mehr fonds
Level
Item
Fonds
68
Item
53
Material Format
graphic material
Date
15 Nov. 1946
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of the interior of the first Lady Ellis Shop located on the corner of Yonge and Adelaide Streets in Toronto. The photograph depicts many customers inside the store being shown merchandise by the sales women behind the counter.
Subjects
Consumers
Stores, Retail
Women's clothing
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Adelaide Street West (Toronto, Ont.)
Yonge Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1988-12-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Ethel Mehr fonds
Level
Item
ID
Fonds 68; Item 54
Source
Archival Descriptions
Part Of
Ethel Mehr fonds
Level
Item
Fonds
68
Item
54
Material Format
graphic material
Date
15 Nov. 1946
Physical Description
1 photograph : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of the interior of the first Lady Ellis Shop located on the corner of Yonge and Adelaide Streets in Toronto. The photograph depicts many customers inside the store looking at merchandise.
Subjects
Consumers
Stores, Retail
Women's clothing
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Adelaide Street West (Toronto, Ont.)
Yonge Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1988-12-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 993
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
993
Material Format
graphic material
Date
[ca. 1918]
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Admin History/Bio
The congregation was formed in 1909 and its first building was opened on Spadina Avenue in 1921. In ca 1960 the congregation moved to the Bathurst and Sheppard area after the synagogue was damaged by fire. In 1975 the congregation merged with Beth Emeth Bais Yehuda.
Scope and Content
Item is a photograph of three young men leaning on the side of a decorated car.
Name Access
Anshei England
Beth Emeth Bais Yehuda Synagogue
Hebrew Men of England Synagogue (Toronto, Ont.)
Londoner Shul
Subjects
Automobiles
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Kensington Market (Toronto, Ont.)
Spadina Avenue (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1977-8-2
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 2944
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
2944
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1905
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Scope and Content
Pictured in this photograph is Mrs. Richards.
Name Access
Richard's Grocery
Subjects
Stores, Retail
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Kensington Market (Toronto, Ont.)
Lippincott Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Nassau Street (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1981-4-4
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
ID
Item 1504
Source
Archival Descriptions
Level
Item
Item
1504
Material Format
graphic material
Date
1919
Physical Description
2 photographs : b&w (1 negative)
Scope and Content
Item is a photograph of the exterior of Hirsch Harold Achber Grocery in Toronto. Pictured left to right are: Miriam (Achber) Hurvitz, Robert Hurvitz, Freda Hurvitz, Jacob Hurvitz.
Name Access
Achber, Harold
Achber, Hirsch
Achber, Hurvitz
Hurvitz, Freda
Hurvitz, Jacob
Hurvitz, Miriam
Hurvitz, Robert
Subjects
Stores, Retail
Storefronts
Repro Restriction
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
Places
Auburn Avenue (Toronto, Ont.)
Accession Number
1978-2-3
Source
Archival Descriptions
Accession Number
2019-5-10
Source
Archival Accessions
Accession Number
2019-5-10
Material Format
textual record
Physical Description
1 cm of textual records
Date
1945-[1990]
Scope and Content
Accession record consists of business cards from several Gwartzman family owned business first established on Baldwin Street by Moshe Aaron Gwartzman and his wife Bella (née Weinstock) as M. A. Gwartzman Silks and Wollens. In addition, there is a 1945 change of address card indicating that the business moved from 421 Spadina Avenue to 448 Spadina Avenue along with business cards from the 448 Spadina location for Gwartzman's Drapery Bargain Centre, Gwartzman's Canvas, Art and Graphic Supplies, and Masters, Fine Art and Stationary Products.
Subjects
Stores, Retail
Places
Spadina Avenue (Toronto, Ont.)
Kensington Market (Toronto, Ont.)
Source
Archival Accessions
6 records – page 1 of 1.

Narrow By

Collection Name

Source

Format

Date

Description Level

Subject

Name

Place

Restrictions

Available Digital Content