Accession consists of one stained glass synagogue window. The wooden-framed window features a blue Star of David on a yellow background. The window was likely created when the building was extensively renovated in 1955. It is possible, however, that it was created for the 1924 building and was retained after the 1955 renovations.
Sidney Holtzkener, the donor's husband, was a house chairman and volunteered to take the window. The window was displayed in the donor's home until the couple moved in 2009.
The London Jewish community had a single congregation until disagreements led to Moses Leff organizing an alternative minyan. This became Congregation B'nai Moses Ben Judah, named after Moses Pollock. Their first synagogue building, a remodelled wooden church, opened in 1907. This building was supplanted by a new and enlarged structure in 1924. The building was renovated and enlarged again in 1955, but did retain some elements of the old structure. In 1966 B'nai Moses Ben Judah almagamated with B'nai Israel, and consequently Congregation Or Shalom was created. The B'nai Israel building was chosen to house the new congregation and the the B'nai Moses building was sold to the Roman Catholic Diocese. Accordingly, its stained glass windows were removed. Edward's Glass Company Limited held on to the windows and later contacted the Holtzkeners to give them one. The Holtzkeners were members of B'nai Moses and later Congregation Or Sholom from at least 1944 until they moved to Toronto in 2009.
Related material note: see MG 3 B-7 for further Congregation Or Shalom records