Sol Edell graduated with a degree in pharmacy in 1943. After completing his military service, he opened Edell's Drug Store and began working as a pharmacist. He subsequently opened two other drug stores, Edell's Drug Store located on Spadina Avenue and Elmhurst Drugs. Although he continued to own Elmhurst Drugs until his death in 2000, he retired from pharmacy in 1962.
Scope and Content
Series consists of material relating to the establishment and operation of Sol Edell’s pharmacy from the three locations where he operated drug stores. Series consists of financial records, newspaper advertisements, ink blotters, and flyers and prescription envelopes from the 1940s and 1950s with the name and logo of Edell’s Drug Store. In addition, there is correspondence and legal documents pertaining to a planned renovation of the Queen Street Store and the expropriation of the building by the City of Toronto. Also included is a photograph of a group of Toronto pharmacists.