Camp Kadimah was founded in 1948 by the Zionist Organization of Canada as a summer camp for youth between the ages of 9 and 13. Located on Lake William in Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, Camp Kadimah served as the sole Zionist camp for the Maritime provinces.
Camp Kadimah was administered by the National Camps Association in conjunction with the regional committee, although, daily operation and staffing was provided by Canadian Young Judaea. The camp is still in use today under the leadership of Canadian Young Judaea.
Scope and Content
The sub-series consists of files created between 1958 and 1976, including: Camp Kadimah Committee meeting minutes and reports, property records, financial records, and press and publicity documents.