4 architectural drawings : pencil on tracing paper, 1 hand col. pencil crayon ; 40 cm length or smaller and 5 cm diam.
The Colonial Theatre was established in 1919 and occupied the main floor of the Franklin Building, across the street from Old Toronto City Hall. It was owned an operated by Henry Franklin. The theatre was later renamed the Bay Theatre and closed in 1965. The building itself was torn down shortly thereafter. The site is currently occupied by the Simpson Building.
Scope and Content
File consists of plans of the balcony, gallery, lobby and foyer.