The Girl Guides were officially founded in 1910 with the establishment of Girl Guides Association in the United Kingdom. They orginated in Britain, but within that same year groups were sprouting up all over the world, including in Canada. The Ontario Council was inaugurated in 1921.
The 69th division was founded on 3 July, 1922. The name was changed several times to: Highland Glen, Humber Highlands, Westwinds, and then Smithfield. The director in 1922 was Lillian Smith. The 69th Toronto Co. met at 254 McCaul St. at the Church of the Redeemer, at Smithfield Public School, and at Clairville Public School. The company shut down on 6 June, 1930 and reopened May 17, 1932.
Goel Tzedec Synagogue (Toronto, Ont.)
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.