Accession consists of material pertaining to the Jewish community of Sarnia and Ahavas Isaac Synagogue. Included is a 25th anniversary commemorative book, newsletters, bulletins, flyers, programs for religious events, information for synagogue visitors, correspondence, and press clippings documenting shule and community events. There are 2 photos of children at an Israel dance festival (Rikudiyah) in a gymnasium.
The Sarnia Jewish community worshiped at the old Davis Street Synagogue which was established in 1922. In 1950 ground was broken and the cornerstone laid for the Ahavas Isaac Synagogue and Community Centre. The new building opened in 1951.
Alvin Fox was president of the congregation in the early 1980s and his wife Valerie was active in the Sisterhood.