Accession consists of an indenture of bargain and sale of land on Wellington Street (formerly Market Street) in the City of Toronto by Abraham Nordheimer and Samuel Nordheimer, and Fanny Nordheimer, the wife of Abraham, to John Macdonald. The cost of the land was £3,425.
The custodial history for this accession is unknown.
Brothers Samuel and Abraham Nordheimer established the Nordheimer Piano & Organ Company Ltd. in 1844. The firm was located at 122 King Street in Toronto. At first the company imported pianos, organs, and melodeons; subsequently, they began manufacturing products of their own. In 1866, the brothers went into partnership with Gerhard Heintzman and opened Lansdowne Piano Company. In 1927, Heintzman purchased the Nordheimer name and produced their pianos until the 1960s.