Accession consists of photographs documenting the construction of the New Mount Sinai Hospital at 550 University Avenue, Toronto.Included are photos of a building fund exhibit, surgeons in an operating room, and mother and baby in a maternity ward room.
The New Mount Sinai Hospital was first envisioned in 1944 and the sod turning was held in 1948. The hospital moved from the Yorkville location with the opening of the new building in 1953. In 1974 Mount Sinai moved to a third location next door at 600 University Avenue. The old site at 550 University has been used by several rehabilitation organizations, and is currently a branch of the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute.