This accession consists of glass jars from the Toronto Hebrew Butter Dealers association, and two costumes made by the C.E. Ward Co. Both costumes are identical in design but one is black with yellow embroidery and one is red with yellow embroidery. Their design is a long jacket with buttons on the back and two pant legs with elastics at the top to hold them in place. In the centre of the jacket is a moose surrounded by a circle/sun shape. It is speculated that these costumes were used at the Standard Theatre, a Yiddish theatre, at Spadina Ave. and Dundas St. W., but this is not certain.
Also included are three glass jars from the Toronto Hebrew Butter Dealers Association. The jars are 7 cm in diam. x 10 cm in height and have a star of david, the name of the company and the price of the jar (5 cents) embossed on it.
C.E. Ward Co. is a clothing company founded in 1891 which specializes in uniforms and costumes for lodges, bands, and religious organizations. Based in New London, Ohio, the founder of the company was Clyde E. Ward. The company still operates under the name New London Regalia.