Accession consists of painted glass panels from the Henry Street synagogue (now a Russian Orthodox Church). Each panel is circular with a blue background, a picture in the center and one of the names of the twelve tribes of Israel written in black. The pictures on the panels are as follows: snake, stag, boat, grapes, palm tree, flag with twelve stars, lion, landscape with two trees and two mountains, sword, hoofed animal, sheaf of wheat, and a donkey. It is believed that the glass panels were not part of the original design of the building and were added later.
The Henry Street Synagogue, also known as Beth Jacob or the Polisher shul, was formed as a congregation sometime before 1907. They moved into the new building on Henry Street (designed by Benjamin Brown) in 1922. The building is now a Russian Orthodox Church. The synagogue moved from it's Henry Street location north in 1966.