Accession contains one contract between Mr. Abraham Landsberg and the Chevra Tehillim (McCaul Street) Synagogue for the purchase of two seats in the congregational pews. The seats were utilized by Mr. Landsberg from 1906 until 1924, when the seats were transferred to his son Dr. Harry Landsberg.
Abraham Landsberg was an early Jewish immigrant to Toronto. Born in Russia in 1859, Abraham arrived in Canada with wife Rebecca, sister Mary and daughters Edith and Ray in 1892. After settling in Toronto, they had four more children: Jack, Lillian, Maurice and Harold. The family lived at 195 College Street. Abraham's sons took up diverse professions; his oldest, Jack, became a plumbing contractor, his middle son, Maurice, became a mechanic and his youngest son, Harold, became a dentist, setting up a practice with Dr. Benjamin Garfield.