Accession consists of one copy print of a photograph taken circa 1942. The photograph depicts the congregation of the B'nai Moses ben Judah Synagogue in London, Ontario standing in front of the synagogue. Murray Brickman, the late husband of the donor is pictured as a child in the second row on the far right, wearing a cap.
This item was in the possession of Elaine Brickman. It was mailed to Stan Federman who subsequently gave it to the Archives.
The London Jewish community had a single congregation until disagreements led to Moses Leff organizing an alternative minyan. This became Congregation B'nai Moses Ben Judah, named after Moses Pollock. Their first synagogue building, a remodelled wooden church, opened in 1907. This building was supplanted by a new and enlarged structure in 1924. The building was renovated and enlarged again in 1955, but did retain some elements of the old structure. In 1966 B'nai Moses Ben Judah amalgamated with B'nai Israel, and consequently Congregation Or Shalom was created. The B'nai Israel building was chosen to house the new congregation and the the B'nai Moses building was sold to the Roman Catholic Diocese.