Accession consists of a small silver plate trophy presented each year by the United Jewish Welfare Fund to the division with the largest percentage of new givers. It was named after J. Irving Oelbaum, who was a former President of the Fund. The first recipient division in 1945 was the Women's Division, followed by the University Students Division, the Metropolitan Division, Youth Division and the Young Men's Division.
The custodial history of this item is unknown. It belonged to the United Jewish Welfare Fund and thus was most likely transferred to the Archives by UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. It was in a box at the back of the vault and was discovered during a sweep of the vault.