Accession consists of records related to the Drildzer Young Men's Mutual Benefit Society (now known as the Drildzer Congregation and Society of Toronto). Included are several ledger books documenting income and expenditures, membership dues, meeting minutes, and one souvenir booklet commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Young Men's society. Photographs document the executive, the women's auxiliary and membership banquets, picnics and events.
The Drildzer Congregation and Society of Toronto was founded on 1 January 1934 as the Drildzer Young Men’s Mutual Benefit Society. It's membership is comprised of descendents of families from the town of Ilza, Poland, known as Drildz to the former Jewish population. The society currently has approximately 150 members covering four generations. The society's board of directors meet monthly and the society holds 4 general meetings each year. Social events such as picnics and Chanukah parties are held yearly. The society participates in fundraising initiatives and maintains the Drildzer section of the Dawes Road cemetery. They recently led the Ilza Historical Cemetery Restoration Project, which saw the restoration of the Jewish cemetery in Ilza.