Accession consists of the records created or accumulated by Suzann (Cohen) Hutner related to the operations of the Canadian Jewish Review. Included are circulation reports, financial records, correspondence related to advertisers and the sale of the publication, issue summaries prepared by Suzann and a history of the paper written by Suzann. There also a few issues of the CJR from the 1930s.
The records were in the custody of Harold Hutner, the stepson of Suzann Hutner.
The Canadian Jewish Review was established in 1921 by George and Florence Cohen. The couple had founded the short-lived Buffalo Jewish Review prior to them immigrating to Canada. The CJR was not bound by any particular religion or organization. Their offices were located in teh Hermant Building at Dundas Square. The paper was sold to the Canadian Jewish Chronicle in 1966.