Acession consists of one black and white photograph of Charlotte Bochner ca. 1941. The photo appears to have been an official portrait, used when she served as Chairman of the Women's Division of the United Jewish Welfare Fund. The notes on the back of the photo are as follows: Charlotte Bochner, return to Toronto Jewish National Fund committee, 651 Spadina Ave.
The photograph was in the posession of Charlotte's Daughter Anne Bochner Stein.
Charlotte Bochner (1906-1979) was born in 1906 to Abraham and Annie (née Garofsky) Andrews. She married Maxwell Bochner (1900-1968) in Dec. 1928 and they had two children named Anne Constance and Joseph Harvey. Dr. Maxwell Bochner was born on October 8, 1900 to Charles and Ann (née Kurtz) Bochner.
Dr. Maxwell Bochner was an ophthalmologist and Chief of Staff and Chief of the Department of Ophthalmology for New Mount Sinai Hospital and Scarborough General Hospital. He was also Chief of the Eye Department for the Jewish Home for the Aged and Baycrest Hospital. He belonged to numerous medical associations, B'nai B'rith, the Primrose Club, Phi Delta Epsilon Fraternity, Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity and was a member of the Holy Blossom Temple. He founded the Bochner Eye Institute in 1929.
Charlotte served as chair of the Women's Division of the United Jewish Welfare Fund in 1941.
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.