Accession consists of brochures from the Hebrew Institute of Technology in Haifa as well as correspondence from Montague Raisman, the chairman of the membership committee, requesting financial support from members of the Toronto Technion Society. In addition, there are lists of local Toronto supporters identifying their name, address and contribution for 1947, and a page of names and dollars contributed by members of the Toronto Technion Society.
File was discovered while processing CJC Fonds 17 records.
The Technion-Israel Institute of Technology is a public research university, located in Haifa. The institute was founded in 1912 and is the oldest university in Israel. Since its founding it has awarded more than 100,000 degrees and its graduates are cited for providing the skills and education behind the creation and protection of Israel. The Toronto chapter was located at 651 Spadina Avenue and 102 Beverley Street. The Toronto executive was comprised of Asher Pritzker (Chairman), Myron Samuel (Co-Chairman), Nicholas Munk (Treasurer), Eli Schatz (Secretary), Hugo Blum (Financial Secretary) and M. Landsburg (Secretary).