2 photographs : b&w (1 negative) ; 21 x 13 cm and 12 x 10 cm
Rabbi Krivy came from Vilna. He was a shochet and teacher who served in Welland and Galt, Ontario, and by 1911, in Cobalt. Around 1917, he moved to Kitchener. He later moved to Toronto and opened a butcher shop at Dundas Street and Kensington Avenue. His store was subsequently bought by Barenholtz.
Scope and Content
This item is a copy portrait and corresponding negative of Rev. and Mrs. Joseph Krivy, taken in Kitchener or Galt, Ontario.
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
1925 Jewish Business Directoy listing page 217 lists Rev Barenholtz under Slaughterers at 584 Dundas Street West.