The Jewish Children’s Vocational Board was likely established in the early 1930s by the Jewish Children’s Bureau to provide youth with scholarships for vocational and educational training. The Board met regularly to review scholarship applications, discuss the management of funds and arrange publicity. Until 1939, gifts were also provided to wards of the agency on their bar mitzvah.
In 1938, The Kate Josephi-Amelia Davis Scholarship Fund of the Big Sisters Committee became affiliated with the Jewish Children's Vocational Board. Although the Board continued to operate after the formation of the Jewish Family and Child Services, it likely ceased to function sometime in the 1940s possibly due to financial difficulties or to the fact that other organizations were offering the same service.
Scope and Content
Series consists of textual records documenting JCWA's Jewish Children's Vocational Board. Included are meeting notices and agendas, correspondence, client lists and a case presentation.
Partially closed. Researchers must receive permission from the OJA Director and head of Jewish Family and Child prior to accessing some of the records.
For records of the Kate Josephi-Amelia Davis Scholarship Fund see the Jewish Family and Child fonds 79.