In 1914, a building was bought on Fifth Street in Crowland and converted into a synagogue, dedicated in 1917. A shochet was retained when available, a mikvah was erected adjacent to the Shul, and a plot of land for a cemetery was obtained. By 1942, there were only a handful of Jews still living in Crowland so the old synagogue was sold and the Italian-Canadian Club on Garner Avenue in Welland was purchased.
Scope and Content
This item is a photograph of the interior of the Anshei Yosher Congregation in Welland, Ontario. The photograph features the bimah and the ark.
Anshe Yosher Congregation
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.