9 architectural drawings : pencil, 6 hand col. pastel, 7 on tracing paper ; 36 x 50 cm or smaller
The Brunswick Avenue Talmud Torah Day School was established in 1907 and was originally situated on Simcoe Avenue. In 1922 the school received a charter from the Province of Ontario and relocated to Brunswick Avenue the same year. The new school opened in 1925 as a non-denominational afternoon school. It was the precursor to the Associated Hebrew Schools of Toronto.
Scope and Content
File consists of Benjamin Brown's designs for the Brunswick Avenue Talmud Torah. Contained within are sketches of various entrances and frontages for the Brusnwick Avenue Talmud Torah. Designs of the Ark are also included.