The Women's Auxiliary of the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care was established in 1955 as a fund-raising arm of the Baycrest Centre as well as a provider of services to the residents and patients. Some of its activities included running the volunteer service, the beauty salon, the gift shop, theatre nights, religious and festival programming and fundraising projects.
Dora Till was the founding president of the Women's Auxiliary from 1955 to 1959. She remained active on the Executive Committee well into the 1980s. Dora was honoured several times by the Women's Auxiliary, including at a tribute dinner in 1983 and in 1984 when an entire floor of Baycrest was named in her honour.
Scope and Content
This series consists of records documenting the activities of the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care Women's Auxiliary. The records include minutes, reports, speeches, correspondence, financial records, invitations, brochures and pamphlets, photographs and artifacts.
The records have been arranged into six sub-series: Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Sub-Committees, Finance and Accounting, Programming and Services, Events, and Press and Publicity.The records have been described to the file level and a selection of photographs have been scanned and described at the item level.