The Board of Management was created in 1949 as a temporary governing body of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. The Board of Management functioned for one year after the dedication of the new community centre in 1953 at Bloor and Spadina, at which point there was a large enough membership to elect its own officers. The board was then replaced with the Executive Committee.
Scope and Content
This file contains general correspondence regarding the creation and functioning of the Board of Management.