The Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of Toronto was formed in 1917 to coordinate the fundraising activities of Jewish charitable, philanthropic, and social service agencies in Toronto. In 1938-1939, the federation was absorbed into the newly formed United Jewish Welfare Fund, which financed a wide variety of organizations using money raised during the annual United Jewish Appeal campaigns.
Scope and Content
This file contains correspondence between members of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. executive and representatives of the United Jewish Welfare Fund, reports and material relating to a leadership institute held by the UJWF at Camp Northland.