103 photographs : b&w (28 negatives and 47 glass slides) ; 11 x 13 cm or smaller
The Combined Building Campaign was begun in 1950 in order to raise $2,750,000 for a new Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. building and a new Jewish Home for the Aged. The campaign co-chairmen were Samuel Godfrey and Abe Posluns.
Scope and Content
This series consists of glass lantern slides used in public presentations during the Combined Building Campaign for a new Jewish Community Centre. The images show the old Brunswick Avenue facilities, children and youth engaged in sports and other activities, as well as some images of the residents of the Jewish Old Folks' Home on Cecil Street.
Copy prints and negatives were made from the slides when they were donated to the archives in April 1988.