2 photographs : b&w (1 negative) ; 13 x 18 cm and 12 x 9 cm
Jewell Schwartz was the daughter of Jack and Minnie Schwartz, and was Sylvia Schwartz's cousin.
In 1955, Jewell opened an upscale craft retail store called Trade Winds at 150 Bloor Street West. In 1963 she relocated the store to 138 Cumberland Street in Yorkville, due to the previous building being torn down. Trade Winds remained at this location until her retirement in 1984. Jewell was known to take courses in the construction of the wares she sold, such as jewelry and pottery to have a better idea of the materials she was selling.
Jewell has donated several works of Inuit art to the University of Toronto Art Centre's permanent collection.
Scope and Content
Item is a portrait of Jewell Schwartz.
This negative has two images on it.
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.