St. Andrew was a provinicial electoral district in downtown Toronto that stretched from Yonge to Bathurst and included Spadina Avenue and Kensington Market. It was created in 1926 and existed until 1967 when it was merged with an adjacent riding to form St. Andrew: St. Patrick.
Scope and Content
File consists of correspondence related to the re-election of John Glass as a Liberal member of the Ontario parliament for the riding of St. Andrew. Campaign organization is documented with letters requesting and acknowleddging support from Liberal organizations and individuals hosting meetings and making endorsements on the radio. There is also information regarding publicity material and staff appointments. Telegrams and letters from friends, colleagues, and other supporters congratulating John Glass on his victory.
Many of the copies are in poor condidtion and are housed in plastic.