This accession consists of nine electronic copies of original photographs documenting the Nash family of St. Catharines, Ontario. Included are studio portraits and snapshots, taken in St. Catharines and Port Dalhousie. Also included is one electronic copy of a typwritten remembrances of Buncie Nashman written by Harold Nash and Rhonda Applebaum.
The photographs are as follows:
1. Rose Nash and Tzeine (sister) – two young women in photo, possibly before marriage to Jack.
2. Clara Cohen with baking at cottage at Port Dalhousie (not Rose as suspected) perhaps 1940s.
3. Jack and Rose Nash
4. Nash children, ca. 1930. Top, left to right: Molly, Maurice. Bottom, left to right: Dorothy, Ruth.
5. Nash family, 21 May 1929.
6. Maurice Nash in uniform (air force) with cousin, Henry Wexler, in US Army early 1940s.
7. Maurice Nash in uniform (air force) with cousin, Henry Wexler, in US Army, and unidentified woman, early 1940s.
8. Nash women at Harold’s 50th birthday party, 1980.
9. Harold and Eleanor in Port Dalhousie with cousins, ca. 1935.
The original photographs are in the possession of the donor. The OJA was granted permission to scan the photos in June 2007, as part of the Ontario Small Jewish Communities initiative. These copies were then donated to the Archives on 2007-06-05.
Copyright is held by the Ontario Jewish Archives. Please contact the Archives to obtain permission prior to use.