Accession consists of a scanned photograph of the Queen Esther chapter of Hadassah executive in 1964.
Identified, back row: Bessie Brown, Etta Zacks, Miriam Kumer, Bessie Roseman, Esther Goldstein, Lena Highman, Raizel Rosen, Elsie Orzy, Dora Siderson. Front Row: Nellie Norris, Pearl Atkins, Bertha Brown, Rebeccah Taraday, Jennie Ballos, Bella Sklar.
The Queen Esther Hadassah chapter in Kitchener was formed in 1926 by Mrs. Levine, wife of the rabbi. Most of the women in the community joined the new group, and many of them were still members fifty years later. The chapter had monthly meetings where the women met for discussion and planning of activities to raise money for Palestine. After the Second World War, the focus turned to support of Israel's orphanages, hospitals, hostels, and training centres for women. The first Hadassah Bazaar was held in 1962 and quickly became a successful and popular community event. As the years passed, the chapter collaborated more and more with the synagogue sisterhood. At one time Kitchener had three Hadassah chapters and a central Council, but since the 1980s these have dwindled. Today there is a single chapter in the city.