Item is a photograph of a group of young men who were members of Hakoah Vienna, an all Jewish social-athletic sports club. On the reverse of the photograph are signatures of the famous sports club and a German inscription "In memmory of the cameraderie of the sport club Hakoah". Signatures identified include: Max Scheuer; [Béla Guttmann?]; [Schwartzbein?]; Joseph Stross.
Copyright is in the public domain and permission for use is not required. Please credit the Ontario Jewish Archives as the source of the photograph.
History: According to Wikipedia article Hakoah Vienna, "Hakoah", Hebrew for strength, is the name of a Jewish sports club established in Vienna in ca. 1909 and and closed by the Nazis in [1938 or 1941]. In 1945, the club re-formed its football team only, which disbanded in 1949.