84 drawings : blueprints and blackline prints ; 54 x 105 cm or smaller
The Primrose Club was founded in Toronto in 1907 as the Cosmopolitan Club, an elite Jewish men's social club. In 1959, the club's building at 41 Willcocks Street was expropriated by the University of Toronto (and currently houses the university's Faculty Club), and the club subsequently moved to a new building at Russell Road & St. Clair, designed by Kaplan & Sprachman. It has since been demolished and a condominium has been put up in its place by Toronto developer, Ken Rotenberg.
Scope and Content
The sub-series consists of two sets of lot plans, floor plans, elevations, mechanical and electrical plans and various building specifications, and a set of 5 plumbing and drainage plans. The set identified by inscriptions as the "original plan" is dated 14 May 1959; the second set of "revised plans" dates from 16 Sept. 1959.