Page & Steele Architects were responsible for the design and construction of the Spadina and Bloor and Spadina Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. along with associate architects, Kaplan & Sprachman. The Bloor "Y" was completed in 1952.
The northern building was designed and constructed by W. Sefton & Associates Ltd. Consulting Engineers and Gordon S. Adamson & Associates Architects. The northern building was completed in 1961.
Scope and Content
This sub-series contains records relating to the design and construction of the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. at Bloor and Spadina and the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A. on Bathurst Street in North York. The records include bound specifications detailing the labour, material and building methods for each of the buildings, as well as some architectural drawings of the northern building.